Chapter 57

Quote for the chapter:

"I guess I wrote the wrong love letter after all."

_________________________________

"The mysterious girl is Natalie Hughes," Jevon said with a warm smile.

"I remember it clear as day, unlike Natalie who was so focused on the flowers." Jevon chuckled.

"A frowning girl walked to the park to see the flower; however, her gaze averted to a pretty girl who at that time didn't appreciate tying her hair into a ponytail. From the look of your eyes, I could see how you developed a huge crush on her." Jevon said.

"That's why I was so surprised as to why the girl who had a massive crush on my best friend was suddenly so cold towards her as well. You did have an ice queen reputation after a few months, but it kept me wondering. That day five years ago, you were blushing and your eyes were shining so bright." Jevon said, calmly.

"That's why when I saw you dropped the letter I didn't hesitate to bring it home with me. What surprised me the most was the fact that it was addressed to me and not Natalie. Well, when I read it! I confirmed that you still had your eye on Natalie, but somehow, you interpreted it as a kind of hatred. I was sad when I read that. I used to ship the two of you after I saw that scene at the park—it was so romantic! Then I noticed that another paper was inserted in there. It was a letter to Natalie." Jevon said, suppressing himself to fanboy.

"So I thought, why not help those two together. What's better to do that than to announce that you wrote a love letter to me? Natalie at that time still prided herself of her reputation, and she had this sudden outburst so I was sure that she would confront you." Jevon confessed.

"To be honest, I was quite worried that it might worsen Natalie's condition, but she just became better! I visited her therapist once and she told me that Natalie's all better." Jevon said, scratching his neck, afraid that he might be glared at by Chloe and smacked by his best friend.

Chloe and Natalie just blushed. Chloe now discovered the reason why she was so angry at Natalie. It's the fact that she was dating Jevon when Chloe wanted to date Natalie herself, but her mind played her with games.

Natalie's face was flushed at the sudden revelation. Chloe had a weird way of expressing her emotions. It seemed that the brunette girl had been in love with her for five years now. Isn't that seriously cute and romantic?? Who knew that the Ice Queen was this type of person?

"But why did you suddenly act as if you forgot me?" Natalie asked.

Chloe pursed her lips and clenched her jaws.

"Some older guy was scolding her daughter to never show her girl loving dyke in front of his face ever again," Chloe admitted.

What can she do? She was young at that time, and the prideful girl that Choe is, she wouldn't have accepted being rejected by a normal girl like Natalie. Chloe laughed at herself so she was able to just forget about a girl she liked because of some dude. For someone who didn't care what others say, she sure did let that one comment ruin her.

"Oh, that guy! It turns out that he's gay and was ridiculed by others when he was young. He just wanted to spare his daughter from the judgment of others. And guess what? After a year of searching for his daughter, he explained everything and even begged on his knees for his daughter's forgiveness. He moved out and moved into his daughter's house in California three years ago. He was happy with his grandson." Jevon proudly said.

Natalie pinched his ear, "It's not nice to dig into someone's information like that."

Jevon apologized. He was just doing what he could to help the relationship between Chloe and Natalie. Besides, he claimed that he did it legally.

"Thanks," Chloe said, sincerely.

"He was just misunderstood after all, but you shouldn't let others' opinions affect you like that," Jevon said, crossing his arms.

"I never did. It was only that particular sentence that affected me." Chloe admitted.

"Hmm. I wonder why?" Jevon said with a smirk.

Chloe glared at him. Jevon gulped and played it off.

"No problem. Besides, you two were giving angry googly eyes to each other. I was honestly sick of it. Oh! Did you know that at the start of the second semester of our freshman year, some students were shipping you both? We formed an informant club called Cholie, and guess what? I'm the president." Jevon gave a cheeky smile before running away immediately.

It seemed that Jevon had seemed through their glares. Behind those glasses and arguments was the fascination they had for each other. Chloe held Natalie's hand and kissed her girlfriend on the lips for quite a long time. They giggled to each other while holding hands as they walked towards the parking lot.

"Jevon's our Cupid huh?" Chloe said.

"Well, he does his own thing. I love him for that, but Cholie huh? I guess people already shipped us before we even became official." Natalie said with a soft chuckle.

"I can't wait to meet those students who ship us," Chloe said with a terrifying smirk.

"You're going to scare them like that." Natalie laughed and poked Chloe's cheek.

"Hey look. It's a beautiful bird." Natalie said as she pointed towards the direction of the bird.

Chloe's heart raced again quite similar to five years ago as if falling in love with Natalie all over again.

"It is," Chloe said looking at Natalie's side view.

"Where are you looking at? The bird's not on my face." Natalie said, arching her eyebrow.

"Well, I didn't lie when I said beautiful. You're really beautiful." Chloe blurted out. She didn't initially plan to say it out loud.

Natalie's flushed deep red. She wiggled her arm away from Chloe only to have her arm tighten by Chloe's arm.

With a smirk, Chloe said, "You're not going anywhere, my angel."

Natalie rolled her eyes unbeknownst that her ears were flushed a deep red.

Chloe smiled to herself happily as she took glances at Natalie.

I guess I wrote the wrong love letter after all.

The End

Author Here!

I decided to end things here. My plan was for Natalie to understand herself first before finally deciding to date Chloe or not. For those who finished this story, thank you so much!

Feel free to rate this story at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54925785-wrong-love-letter) if you enjoyed the story.

Until next time,

your dearest luisacai_youchC

P.S. For anyone who wants to support my writing, feel free to check out my kofi! Would super appreciate any amount of donation! That's all! Hope you all have a great day

https://ko-fi.com/luisacaiyoushc