Chapter 21

Quote for the chapter:

"Impossible is just an opinion."

– Paulo Coelho

_________________________________

After the team has claimed their trophy and medals, they meet up backstage with Chloe and her friends.

"Told you you would win," Chloe said to Natalie while grinning widely.

"Thank you. I should've trusted you." Natalie smiled back.

The whole team was surprised to see Chloe displaying her emotions. It seems that Chloe has been nicer these past few days. The others speculate that it might have something to do with Jevon since Jevon has been friendly with Chloe for the past few weeks, or was it because of Natalie? The talk about the love letter Chloe's has already died down since Chloe has been avoiding Jevon's advances, but a new rumor has ascended. Many said that Chloe might be possessed since she's been attending their practices and has been friendlier. Someone from the cheerleading team must have spread it. Chloe didn't pay any mind to it while her friends were laughing their asses off.

The door suddenly opened, and the charming Jevon went into the room with a bright smile. Chloe's mood has dropped. It's as if Jevon's here to tell her that Natalie will never be hers. Unknown to the others, she has rejected Jevon's advances and told him to buzz off since she has her eye on someone else and not him. Jevon just smiled and walked away. Ever since that day when she tries to steal glances at Natalie, she would sometimes find Jevon smirking as if he's marking his territory.

"Congrats, Natalie," Jevon said as he pulled Natalie in a hug.

As he was hugging Natalie, he felt shivers down his spine and spotted Chloe glaring at him. Is she jealous? Oh, my dear Natalie. Looks like the devil has her eyes on you. Jevon thought. He pulled away and approached Chloe with a smile.

"Nice to see you again, Chloe," Jevon said.

"You too," Chloe said as she went to chat with her friends.

Definitely pissed. Jevon thought and decided not to piss Chloe off by leaving right away. He was pretty confused why Chloe was pissed at him. Maybe it's because of Natalie.

"Why are you pissed?" Vanessa asked.

"I'm not."

Chloe would never be able to fool her friends. Vanessa was sure that the presence of Jevon pissed her. She wonders when it all changed. Chloe used to have a crush on Jevon, but it wasn't as intense as Natalie. Just by looking at Chloe, glaring towards Jevon made her shiver. Vanessa felt bad for Jevon.

"If glares could kill, we'll all be dead," Vanessa said with a sigh.

"I-I don't know," Chloe said with a big sigh. She then remembered that Natalie hasn't been calling her darling these days. Her mood dropped again.

"Hey, hey. Let's get ice cream? That'll cheer you up." Alice said.

Natalie, who saw Chloe's big sigh, was worried. She approached them quite worriedly.

"I'll take you out for some ice cream then?" Natalie said. Chloe helped her a while ago, might as well as return the favor. Chloe suddenly looked up at Natalie with a surprised expression which caused Natalie to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Chloe asked.

"You should see your face," Natalie said with a smile.

Chloe frowned, thinking that Natalie was making fun of her.

"No. No. What I mean is that you're rather adorable, darling." Natalie said, tilting her head slightly.

Chloe's face flushed. Who is this cute being?! Chloe was surprised by her thoughts, but it was true. Natalie looked really cute with their head tilted slightly; moreover, Natalie called her darling again. Her face lit up as if she just won the lottery.