Chapter 36

Quote for the chapter:

"She's a hurricane I've never thought I'd meet, but there she goes sweeping me off my feet."

-Luisa Cai

_________________________________

Chloe found herself not content just hanging out and cuddling like friends with Natalie. For these past few months, she was able to contain herself, but lately, it has become quite difficult. As they spent more time with each other, Chloe found herself more in love with Natalie's quirks. Like how cute she snorted when she laughed too hard. She also admitted how Natalie tries not to be too dependent on others just like with her sudden outbursts. Chloe confronted Natalie that it's okay to rely on her to which Natalie answered "Same to you." Chloe felt herself smile. It seems that for many years now, she never trusted anyone enough to rely on her friends, even Vanessa and Alice. Natalie told Chloe that she'll be sure to rely on her. Those kinds of deep conversation made her feel closer to Natalie. Besides, lately, Chloe has been able to rely on others more. Chloe never felt free as if the weights on her shoulders had become less heavy.

Natalie and her team went over another round before taking a break again. Chloe was still there observing Natalie and her team. Chloe unknowingly smiled, yet despite being a smile, it looked lovesick. As if someone rejected her poor soul. Coach Samuel, who noticed how she looked, wanted to talk to her, but he felt that it may not be his business. More importantly, it might just be a misunderstanding, Chloe doesn't often smile not until these past few months. For all he knows, Chloe might actually be happy.

Chloe loved the performance, it was better than their last one. She stood up and walked towards Natalie when suddenly, a familiar voice was calling her. Vanessa and Alice emerged from the back. They were breathing heavily as they walked towards Chloe. Chloe was confused. She wondered what happened to make her friends run hurriedly to her. Perhaps there was some trouble that she needs to address. Chloe hoped that it wasn't too serious as she planned to stay until the practice ends. She'll be able to be with Natalie for the meantime as they walk towards the parking space. Unlike Chloe though, Natalie would have her driver waiting for her at the parking space.

Vanessa and Alice fixed themselves up and stood properly in front of Chloe. Chloe somehow upon seeing her friends properly now, felt that she had forgotten something important. Her mind seemed unable to remember it.

" Chloe! How could you forget about your presentation for the whole freshman tomorrow?" Vanessa said, both her hands on Chloe's shoulder and shaking her.

Chloe felt a surge of panic. Fuck! Chloe thought. That's what Vanessa was implying to earlier, not because of Natalie's practice.

" We spent a whole hour searching for you. Then we remembered a certain blonde. Kidding aside. Damn. What are you going to do?" Vanessa asked.

Alice just stood there worried for her friend. Chloe inhaled and just uttered one word, " Shit." Chloe grabbed her things. Walked towards Natalie, and gave Natalie an air kiss before bidding her friends and goodbye and strode outside the gym. Chloe got into her car and drove home. It was a good thing that she already had a PowerPoint ready from last year. She only needs to improve her speech. Chloe that night apologized to her family as she would be having a sandwich instead of dinner since she has a presentation that she needs to be prepared for tomorrow.

The whole cheerleading team, even Coach Samuel who heard what Vanessa and Alice had said had their eyes widened. The responsible Chloe who was with them a while ago just forgot something but didn't forget to visit Natalie.

Coach Samuel had a faint smile on him. Looks like our Icy Pressy is in love.

***

Chloe wore a red knitted sleeveless top which showed her beautiful shoulders. Her red top was paired with striped palazzo pants. She wore two inches heels. She also had her blazer over her arms. Chloe decided to use her sling bag for today to fit her laptop and her notebook. She doesn't often do so but her duty calls, and she needs to do her best. As she walked passed the hallway, eyes were on her. Many people consider her stunning, but they were almost always intimidated by her. There are actually many who looked up to her. She's always been a leader icon here at Hidget Academy ever since she started high school. Despite being the Ice Queen, she hasn't threatened anyone. She just acts cold towards them.

Chloe met with her friends. Alice complimented Chloe since Chloe's style is more on blouses or t-shirts paired with jeans and sneakers. Chloe would always dress up whenever she has a presentation, and this is one of her sexy outfits. Vanessa whistled in front of her. Chloe just glared at her friend who in return just simply laughed it off.

Natalie appeared from their back. She smiled at Chloeand just told her that her outfit looked nice on her which made Chloe bite hercheek. What else did she expect? She was expecting that Natalie might blushbecause of how sexy she looked, but it turns out that her friends wereindifferent towards her. 

She excused herself from her friends again just like what she did during lunch. She messaged them in the group chat that he wouldn't be able to join since she needs to practice. Vanessa added Natalie into their group chat shortly after Chloe admitted that she and Natalie were friends already. Chloe felt guilty for avoiding Natalie again. Just a while ago when they had their classes together, Chloe pretended that she was still busy practicing her speech even when she had already familiarized herself with the speech. She found it harder and harder to supreme her feelings. It's as if she's suffocating and drowning. Being with Natalie is fun, yet there's so much more that she wants, and the fact that Natalie's in a relationship slowly broke her. She shouldn't feel this way for a friend much less someone who's already in a relationship. Moreover, Jevon was the first one who captured Natalie's heart. Sometimes she wondered what would happen if she met Natalie first, it wouldn't be much different. Maybe if her personality was different, it would have been better, but she liked the way she is. A small group of friends.