Chapter 35

Quote for the chapter:

"As priority changes love changes."

-Tashiya

_________________________________

Chloe looked at her watch and stood up immediately. Natalie's practice has already begun. She's fifteen minutes late. She grabbed her things and bid goodbye to her friends and walked towards the gymnasium. Her friends were left confused at the sudden action of their friends. Since when was Chloe in such a hurry?

Chloe strode towards the gymnasium as if there was no tomorrow. Many students were agitated to suddenly bump into the Ice Queen and made sure that they weren't in her way. Chloe herself didn't even notice that the way she is acting right now is out-of-the-ordinary. Well, she never was late for Natalie's practice if she were to attend it. Chloe saw the front gate of the gymnasium, she was almost there. She went in and saw Natalie with the team. They were doing warm-ups right now. As of right, they were doing laps around the gym. Just watching them, made Chloe feel tired. Chloe walked towards the team calmly and sat on one of the benches in the front row.

It was already a common occurrence that Chloe would visit the cheerleading team's practice whenever she has time to spare. It's part of her pursuing Natalie at the same time, she found the cheerleading team's practice fun to watch. Coach Samuel was bewildered, Christine and the others from the team told him. After a few observations, they noticed that the sole reason that Chloe is visiting is because of Natalie and that after Natalie and Jevon broke up, Chloe and Natalie have been getting closer to one another. The whole cheerleading team was wondering why Chloe and Natalie were suddenly close, and they weren't even the only one. Some speculate that Chloe might like Natalie, and is pursuing her but they just couldn't believe it partly because Chloe's well-known for her cold attitude. Ice Queens never make the first move after all.

Many of the students were updated on this issue. The love letters were forgotten for a short period, but now the fact that Chloe and Natalie were close, resurfaced that issue again. Many speculated that Chloe was using Natalie to get to Jevon, not that the two were broken up. Christine once asked Natalie about Chloe and she just smiled without any reply. Christine didn't press the issue but of course, that made it more suspicious. She did see that the smile Natalie gave was a bit off. There were even some who would form into groups just to connect the dots of different events and things that would hint something about Natalie and Chloe's recent and sudden closeness. As of right now, none of those were known by prime subjects, Chloe and Natalie. Natalie did speculate that something was off especially since Jevon even rarely contacts her recently after their so-called breakup. This particular event had some speculation that Natalie and Jevon's relationship was in trouble and the prime suspect is of course Chloe. That's why the two broke up. Many didn't care that much, especially that two of the hottest and desirable people were back in the market again. Many girls were now eyeing to confess to Jevon; however, for Natalie, many didn't dare to go near her because of Chloe's presence.

Natalie and the others were now taking a break. Natalie walked over towards Chloe who was seated on the bench with her legs crossed. Natalie stood beside Chloe who smiled at her. Chloe felt her libido act up as she saw Natalie's sweat dripping from her chip to her neck and down. Chloe's eyes followed as a drip of sweat as it made its way down towards Natalie's breast. Chloe felt her ears heat up and look away from it. Chloe's face flushed when she saw Natalie smirking at her. Natalie looked hot, and she made sure of it. Chloe felt that Natalie might have been teasing her similarly as Vanessa did every day, but she felt something. There's surely a spark between them. Chloe's heart rate went up when Natalie accidentally brushed their thighs together.

Chloe didn't want to misunderstand that maybe Natalie liked her the way she did towards Natalie, but sometimes, Natalie's just too touchy that she would mistake her actions for something else.

" So you're here again darling huh" Natalie chuckled.

They are surrounded by Natalie's teammates. Either catching their breath and drinking water or whipping their sweat off. This wasn't the first time they heard Natalie called Chloe darling. They were surprised when they first heard it, but they assumed that it wasn't that much of a big deal when Natalie was casual about it. Chloe on the other hand would flinch slightly, very slightly that at first glance it wasn't noticeable.

Christine and her friends formed a small group to observe the two girls. Now that she has been more observant, she started to notice how bashful Chloe was whenever Natalie would call her Chloe. She theorized that Natalie might have been teasing Chloe. Someone Chloe likes or is dating may have been calling her darling. No wonder she's always blushing. Rumors about Chloe having a special someone spread among the small groups. Christine kept her hers on the two.

" Don't you miss me?" Chloe said with a small smile. Chloe tried to keep her composure. They weren't alone after all.

Natali just stuck her tongue out. They talked about an artist that Natalie recommended to Chloe. Chloe has always been in love with Taylor Swift's music. She liked how every music of Taylor Swift has an underlying story to tell. Natalie recently recommended Chloe to listen to Alec Benjamin's songs. At first, Chloe felt that she didn't like it but as she listened to it repeatedly, she found it charming. Alec Benjamin's songs tell stories. Natalie grinned saying she was right. Chloe only rolled her eyes and ended up smiling at her. Natalie exhaled heavily out of happiness. Chloe for the first time allowed herself to smile even though there were many people with them.

Coach Samuel whistled, telling them that break's over. Chloe's smile faded as Natalie walked away. The music started and all of them were standing at their respective positions. Natalie has always got the center position. They stood with their arms on their hips for the starting position. Chloe is always amazed by their enthusiasm when dancing. Natalie had a huge smile on her face which Chloe often liked to see, it also quickly became her what she always is excited to see every day. Despite how peaceful her heart had been recent, she was worried that maybe she wasn't pursuing Natalie correctly. Natalie had just been seeing her on a friendly level.