Chapter Two- Fear in One's Eyes

Jennifer was unable to remove her hand from her mouth as the scene unfolded before her. The body of a lifeless man laid before her in the bathtub. Blood covered the floor as well as the wall. But there was something strange about the blood on the wall and she noticed this. Looking closer, she saw that the blood had been letters. Something in Scottish-she assumed; "Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye.Although she did not know what they meant, they sent chills down her spine nonetheless. She backed up as Colin held her in his grasp. Holding him close, she hid her face from the scene as Colin took her from the room. He then brought her down to the room and frantically rung the bell that was on the counter. A woman emerged from a back room with a smile that slowly faded as she saw how worked up the couple was. 

        "What is wrong?" She asked, changing her attention from Colin to Jennifer every few seconds.

        "There is a man's body in our bathroom..." He went closer to the woman so Jennifer did not hear him. "It was the man who checked us in before..."

        Her complexion went pale. She ran up the stairs and to their room before letting out a shriek. Screaming something in Scottish, Colin made his way behind the podium and retrieved the phone to call the police. Within the night, the body was removed and the bathroom was cleaned and they were moved the the room across the hall. Although Colin insisted on getting a refund, Jennifer insisted they stay. It was a decision, she would soon regret...

        It was nearly three in the morning when the commotion calmed. Pulling the sheets away from the bed, Colin noticed how Jennifer was handling things surprisingly well.

        "What are you thinking of, love?"

        "We just met him..." She said, not making eye contact with Colin and looking directly at the sheets then the window. "He was so kind...and seemed content..."

        "He seemed odd to me...Didn't pay me as much as a glance..." As Colin went to console Jennifer, there was a knock on their door.

        In the doorway stood a beautiful red haired girl with a bright smile. She looked to Colin and placed her hand on his arm.

        "I am so sorry about your experience....Can I make it up to you?" She asked, moving her fingers down his arm.

        Jennifer sighed before walking behind him. Before placing herself in the doorway, she unbuttoned her first top buttons and placed her hair over one shoulder. Rubbing his back, he turned and she connected her lips to his. "Let's come to bed love..." She said as she kissed him once more. Disregarding the girl, who wore an expression of anger, he shut the door with his foot and continued kissing Jennifer, walking her back further in the room.