Chapter Thirty- By the Light of a Torch

As night approached, Jennifer and Ellie made their way from the cave and through the trees, watched as torches lit the distance. Four people were on land from what they could see. They all dressed in run down clothes and were obviously of the lower class. The all ranged from height and weight but it was obvious the leader was the one in front as he was the only one who had not seemed terrified of what lurked in the dark. Jennifer and Ellie quickly ran through the trees and picked up rocks as they made their journey around the island.

        They watched from behind the trees as they made their way up the island, toward the caves. Moving their hands, they angled themselves toward the men and threw the rocks at them, resulting in the revealing their weapons to the dark. They then split up, one going on one side of them and the others on the other side. Taking a deep breath, Jennifer held her hand over her heart as she remembered the words Colin told her before she left; "You are my light, my happiness, my soul. I can not learn to live without you, so do not make me have to..."

        The words echoed in her head as she slowly moved forward and took the flare gun in her hand and shot it slightly behind them. Not intending to shoot it at them, she then ran back to the cave before finding Ellie captured by one of the men. He held a knife against her throat and was pressing his hands hard against her waist as she squirmed. She knew better than to look in Jennifer's direction, but Jennifer knew she had to think of something and quick. Then it hit her. Running quickly back to the cave, she motioned for Maddox's turn as Colin and Jennifer rushed toward the front of the beach. Tearing down the raft from it's tent position, they threw it into the water and rowed it toward the pirate ship. As they moved, they watched behind them every so often to see blasts of light were weapons were being shot.

        After a few moments, they were then upon the ship. Going on deck, Colin and Jennifer found they were not alone. Three men stood before them. They all had weapons in their hands and sadistic grins on their faces.

        "I'm going for the blonde one..." One said, as the others rushed Colin.