Chapter Twenty Eight- A Moment Between Friends

Colin leaned Emma against the wall of the shed they were in as he kissed her neck. Without hesitation, they removed the clothes that kept them from being together and gave themselves to one another. He moved his lips up and down her body as she gripped the wall behind her. She let out small gasps and moans until he satisfied her completely and he collapsed on top of her. Jennifer pulled him close by tugging on his necklace and kissing him.

        "I love you Mrs. O' Donoghue..."

        "Not nearly as much as I love you Mr. Morrison." She said giving him a smile.

        They both searched the room for their clothes until they were completely dressed and made their way outside to find Maddox and Ellie fighting. Her Romanian accent battled against is Scottish one so severe, it peaked Jennifer and Colin's interest to the point of obsession. They followed behind slightly distant trees as the argument continued.

        "My fault?" He asked, placing his hand upon his chest. "How in the bloody hell is it my fault? Huh?"

        She rolled her eyes at him. "I should have known better than to team with someone like you. All you are is a volcano exploding at anyone who has any ideas other than you."

        "I am completely open to the idea of ideas El, I am not open to suicide..."

        "Do you really think they are going to come find us? That little puff of smoke? We were told legends as children to hopefully mount up if not be better than them. But it is all legend. Tall tales told to us..."

        "How do you explain all the people involved? Our parents?"

        "See if something makes sense. How does our race continue when we are not allowed to procreate?"

        He shot her a look of confusion as Jennifer and Colin listened closely.

        "What do you mean?"

        "We are shown to have interest in our same sex to not procreate..."

        "That is a lie..."

        "What? No it is not....I was raised to feel for women...not men. But then I see Jennifer and Colin. They are so happy and passionate for one another..."

        "I was raised to love women..."

        She stood in shock. "See! Lies! All of it! We are our own people...."

        "You have NO feelings for men?"

        "I do not know...How does one know?"

        He walked close to her, placed on hand on each of her cheeks and kissed her. Sweetly at first. As their lips touched, she closed her eyes as he did the same before she pushed him off and slapped him. Jennifer and Colin watched as this all unfolded. Ellie pulled him back into her and they kissed once more. Only he picked her up as if she were weightless and he carried her into a nearby tent they made from the raft. Due to the fire, their shadows were cast upon the raft as you could see what was happening. Colin and Jennifer took this as their cue to leave.

        As they walked through the jungle, he held her hand tight and close to him.

        "It's amazing how friends become more than...and enemies become lovers..."

        She looked at him. "What are you saying?"

        "I am saying I am so lucky to have found someone I can love...until my heart ceases to beat one more second. And even then, you will be my heaven..."

        They shared a kiss under the stars. She ran her fingers through his hair as he placed his hands on her waist and then slowly up her back until he held her neck in one hand and her waist in the other. And that moment...was perfect.