Chapter Thirty Eight- Temperance

As Ellie began, Jennifer took the pills from her pocket and placed them across the table of the King. She looked quick to find that nobody saw her before sitting back to the chair. Closing her eyes, Ellie looked up before nodding. Finishing grace, she took a drink and watched anxiously as the king drank his wine. Downing it completely in one sip, his eyes grew heavy but he continued to go for the food. Placing various types of food including mashed potatoes, some form of meat, four rolls, what they assumed was spaghetti and some form of tart, he licked his lips before eating it. But not even four bites in, his head crashed against the plate. Helena and Olivia looked did not even look up to check on their master. They were too busy eating.

        "Will you be alright here?" Ellie asked in French.

        They both nodded before thanking her.

        Jennifer ran behind the castle and found Colin and Maddox waiting in the garden. She motioned them in and found he was far heavier than anticipated. Helena and Olivia assisted on helping them as Ellie explained they were getting rid of him for them. They were incredibly grateful and assisted on placing him on the plane. As he awoke, he found himself tied to the arms of the chair. His gaze foggy at first, but slowly adjusting, he said something in French nobody understood.

        "Artifice?" Jennifer asked, his expression now angry.

        "Je Suis Pret." He said calmly. Which meant "I am ready."

        The plane ride would two days until their next location for their third victim so they took the time to break him of his gluttony. Days passed before anyone knew how to break him.

        "Philippe..." Colin began. "You can be a good person. You are in a position of power. Use it well. Be kind."

        Maddox quickly tiled his head back before placing the pill in his mouth. Swallowing hard, he found Ellie now dangling the pocket watch before him. His eyes following it thoroughly.

        "You will not remember who we are or who you work for. Artifice means nothing to you. You will treat people with kindness and use your reign for good. Do you understand?"

        He nodded.

        "You will also put more energy in getting healthy than eating lustfully. You will find your own transport back to France." Ellie added. "As your punishment." And with that, she clapped her hands. As they landed, sand was beneath them.

        "Welcome to Egypt, home of Ratsheput, envious little boy." Ellie said as they took Gluttony into town and released him.