Chapter Forty Eight- Forgiveness

"He hired us to make antidotes for him. This here is Ellie...she has quite the gift." Maddox added. "The one you just injured."

        "My apologies..." He said as he pulled out chairs for them.

        "And who are they?"

        "We are her assistants." Jennifer added as his skeptical eyes followed their every move.

        "In fact, I can probably help you with that leg." Ellie said as she had Maddox place her in the chair. "If you have some apples, a blender, and some herbs..."

        He nodded. Going to the kitchen, he limped back before giving her the things she required. "This kind of stuff fascinates me. Hope you don't mind if I watch."

        "Actually it does make me quite nervous..."

        "Oh." He said turning. He turned as she mixed up the concoction that was just glorified applesauce. "Ready." She said as she handed him the container with the pill inside. She counted how they had one left. Taking the drink down, he took a deep sigh. "Not the worst of flavors-but not the best-"

        He stopped dead in his tracks. "Wait...I know you.." He said standing to Jennifer. "You're an actress...Okay, who are you really?" He asked throwing objects close by at those standing close. Hitting Jennifer with a book, Colin with a pen, and Maddox and Ellie with pencils and CD's. 

        As he went to go after them, he fell to the floor completely out. 

        "Whew! That was close!" Maddox said as he lifted him onto the chair and woke him with a solid punch. As he opened his eyes, Ellie's hand was already grasped on the stop watch.

        "You will be kind to others, no more anger. You will spend time looking for a cure on everything that needs it."

        But in the middle of her session, he spoke with a sinister laugh. "You are no match for Artifice. He will end you all..." He said as he opened a ring on his finger before taking some form of powder.

        Sitting in the chair, his body began to convulse. Blood emerged from his lips as his head was now back and still. Ellie placed two fingers on his neck then went to his wrist. "He's dead."

        "Cyanide." Maddox jumped in as he took the ring from his finger. "Suicide...." He said closing his eyes tight.

        "Let's end this..." Colin said as they made their way to the door which was now open to leave.