Chapter Forty Five- Diligence

Walking under the humid Australian sun. Jennifer, Colin, Maddox, and Ellie quickly made their way through the town to find Belle. Asking around, all they found were disapproving looks and crude comments. After two and a half hours, all they found was sunburn. Losing hope, Jennifer and Colin sat upon a bench in a park when they saw Belle on a payphone in the distance.

        "As much as I want to run over there and slap her silly, we need to be smart about this..." She said looking to Colin who just spotted her as well.

        Ellie and Maddox had left in an opposite direction in hopes of fiding her. So it was up to Jennifer and Colin to capture and end this. Colin slowly walked up to her as a plan was now in motion.

        "I am so sorry." She said as she ran to give him a hug.

        "Why would you do that?"

        "I thought you would leave me."

        "Never..." He said leaning down and kissing her cheek.

        As she was now dazed by his physical contact, she was in a state similar to shock. She froze for a moment before walking with him. She was unaware where they were going though since she was looking at Colin.

        "I want to give you something..." He said as he placed a bag on his palm.

        "Oooh..." She said intrigued.

        She opened the container and found it to be tart of some kind. "We got a mess of these in Paris before we left, I wanted to give you one-you seemed hungry."

        "You aren't angry with me?"

        "Of course not. I know you are just doing what you think is right..." He said going to kiss her before a sound was heard in the distance. They watched to find Jennifer kiss Maddox, in which angered Ellie. Ellie and Jennifer got into such a brawl, they went over the side. She quickly watched them but found she was pushed in. As she got in the water, Jennifer and Ellie tied her hands and feet before bringing her above the water. Jennifer held her feet as Ellie held her hands. "Who did you call?" Ellie asked as she removed the gag from her mouth.