Chapter Thirty Four- Pride

Docking at the first address, Colin and Jennifer found the location to be a small town in Russia. Their accents along with the writings on signs gave it away as they walked through the streets. There was a strong smell of fish and blood lingering in the air as they walked. They rested at a bar and took a seat near the middle of the establishment next to a stage that covered an entire corner. Men were waiting anxiously as they hit the stage hard, causing a drum-like sound. Colin and Jennifer sat beside one another and watched as the lights went down and the announcer said something in Russian. Then pink lights made their way on stage. There lingered a girl on stage. She had long red hair that ended right at her waist that was incredibly curly. As she turned, she had dark makeup that made her look more like a rock star than anything else. She held a microphone in her hand and began singing.

        Jennifer got goosebumps as she sang as Colin found himself unable to look away. Not because he lusted for her but because of how she presented herself. She promised sex, but was pure. She gave the illusion of nurturing but was nothing but a heartbreak waiting to happen, and she gave herself the appearance of willing, but shot it down with the glance or moves she made. She moved her body back and forth and swayed to the music she sang. Taking the time she did, she made everyone in the bar enamored with her. It was almost as if she were trained her entire life for such an activity, to hypnotize those nearby.

        When her set finished, she took a bow and made her way backstage before Colin and Jennifer made their way up to go after her. She walked slowly behind the stage to find a tough security guard standing outside a dressing room. He spoke Russian to her and held his hand from the door. But then Ellie walked in. Moving her way through the long corridor, the guard and her had a conversation that quickly ended with her giving him money. He then opened the door to reveal the red head sitting before her mirror. She would not tear her eyes from the reflection even as the conversation began. Ellie spoke to her in some threat which made her giggle but then she spoke to Jennifer.

        "Americans." She simply stated before picking up make-up from the table and placing it upon her face.

        "Yes."

        "What are you here for?" She said, the thick German accent becoming incredibly noticeable.

        "Artifice."

        This made her turn. "I do not know the name."

        "We know about you Serena." Colin said, moving toward her. "If you scream-"

        Before anything else was said, Maddox hit her over the head and placed her in the bathroom. Tying her hands together and placing a gag in her mouth used by a long piece of ribbon, he slid her out the window and they exited the room. Making their way quickly through the crowd of people, they made their way to the window to find her absent.

  Update at 530