Chapter Fifty Seven- Lost Signals and Explanations

"I promise." Jennifer said with a nod as she hugged her.

        "As do I." Colin said as he hugged Jennifer who was hugging Ellie.

        "I have to ask..." Jennifer said pulling away. "Why didn't you just take us home? Why have us come with you?"

        "If you would have been seen-by anyone who was in "Artifice" our covers would have been blown. You see, we destroyed the seven main leaders...but smaller groups do exist. Everywhere. They targeted people and the minute you bought your tickets to Scotland-you were a target...As was anyone who was there..."

        "What will happen to the people who WERE there?" Colin asked, nodding as he listened.

        "We have the remaining partners in our team going after them to release them. Most of them were held underground somewhere if not off secluded so they were possibly tortured-if not killed. But rest assured- not more people will get hurt." Maddox jumped into the conversation. "For every member of Artifice, there are now eight of us...They do not stand a chance."

        Colin and Jennifer both let out a breath of relief.

        The pilot's voice came over the intercom. "This is your Captain speaking." He began. "We are descending into Washington in minus ten minutes. Please place your seat belts on for it may be a bumpy ride." The message stopped.

        "You have our word your secret will stay safe with us." Colin said, as he held Jennifer's hand before he smiled.

        They hugged Jennifer and Colin before taking their seats. Jennifer than took her phone once more. Re-dialing Lana who answered with an attitude.