Chapter Forty One- Envy

"Dance with me!" Colin said as he pulled Jennifer to him and they dirty danced in the streets of Brazil. Hundreds if not thousands of people were covering the streets, dancing to the energetic music. Colin and Jennifer knew they had a plan they had to stick to. Not hesitating for a minute, he quickly pulled her to him and kissed her. As sweat became coated on their pores, they looked around to find a young girl gliding passed people and taking things from their bags, purses, and pockets. Colin smiled as he pointed her out and they danced beside her.         

        As her hand went into Colin's pocket, he grabbed it and began dancing with her. She began to fuss, be he explained a scenario to her.

        "If you fight, I will call the police. I am sure they are not too keen on thieves."

        In a strong accent, she said something in Spanish before turning and crashing hard against his chest. "Why are you envious of the others?"

        "I have nothing." She said slowly.

        In all the commotion, he pulled her from the crowd and left Jennifer behind where Maddox and Ellie were also. They too had been dancing but got caught up in the music and did not leave each other's side, not for a second.

        Freezing where she stood, she noticed who he was. "Captain Hook." She said in her frozen moment. Looking into his eyes, she kissed him. By this time, Jennifer just happened to emerge from the crowd. He pulled her off and she hit against the wall, falling to the ground unconscious. Jennifer motioned to Maddox who was now walking toward her with Ellie. Maddox picked her up in his arms and carried her toward the water.

        He gently shook her so she awoke but she went to scream. "What are you going to do to me?" She asked in a hushed tone as Maddox covered and uncovered her mouth.

        "Artifice...." Jennifer said.

        The girl went still with fear.

        "I know not such a name."