Chapter Sixteen- Perspective

Jennifer and Colin discovered they were left alone in the middle of the day as the others went to fetch supplies. Before she could say any word, Colin placed his finger on her lips and caused her to cease any words. He also stood straight up and assisted her up as well. He took her from the office and out through the tunnels that outstreatched at least six miles each way. Walking a short distance without saying a word, he stopped her midway and pulled her to him-kissing her sweetly and walking her back against the wall. Placing his hand behind her, he slowly pulled away.

        "I can not imagine a day without this..." He said as he kissed her neck.

        She giggled.

        "Don't let a day go by then." She said, biting her bottom lip as he bit her neck. Leaving a small red mark, almost unrecognizeable.

        "I won't..." He paused and looked at the ground.

        "What is it? I can see something's on your mind..."

        "I'm just thinking about things love, especially lately with all this...whatever this is..."

        They both giggled. "What are you thinking about?"

        He placed a soft touch on her cheek before slowly making his way to her lips once more.

        "I need this. I need you. Not just physically, not just as friends, as we have been much more for a long time." He kissed her once more, now with so much passion it caused a deep ache in her lips. "I need you, to come home to...to fall asleep next to and wake up beside..." He paused and this time kissed her chest. Sucking on her pure white skin. "I need that scent." He said, slowly moving up her neck. "This kiss." He said, placing his lips now on hers. Kissing her with the biggest amount of passion he has ever conjured in a single kiss. Pulling away, he looked at her with a smile. "Do I have your heart?"

        She stopped this moment. Placing her hand on his chest, to keep him at a slight distance, she looked into his eyes. "If you don't know that by now-"

        Before she could speak another word, he threw her hands above her head and kissed her again. Pulling her lip with his, he sucked on it and watched as she trembled beneath him. He quickly released her lip and held her hands above her head.

        "My god, I need you in my life. For sure. Promised..."

        He lingered in front of her, teasing a kiss.

        "Betrothed..."