Chapter Nine- Warning

Removing himself from their bed, Colin noticed something on the floor inside the door. As he removed himself, he looked back at Jennifer and smiled as she had looked so peaceful. Applying all pressure on his tip toes, he made it to the other end of the room and picked up the object to find it to be a piece of paper. On the top of the letter was a somewhat unsure greeting: TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN;

        And the letter began;

        Whoever reads this, take this letter as a warning. Direct and true, not a threat. Where you are is not safe, I suggest you leave while you can. You are wandering when you should not, not listening to the rules asked, and most of all; being reckless. If you desire your lives, I warn you to leave. You do not know what is here, and if you want to protect the love you are with, you will do whatever it takes to save them. Please, leave before harm comes to either one of you...

          Holding the letter close to his chest, he turned to find Jennifer tossing in bed. He placed the letter in the desk before going to the bathroom. Turning on the shower, he removed his clothing and entered the warm water. Taking a deep breath as the water hit his bare body, he jumped as he felt a cold hand on his back. Turning, he saw it to be Jennifer. Her hair had been placed in a braid down her back and she herself was no longer clothed.

        "You seem jumpy..." She said as she stood underneath the water.

        "I'm just...not familiar with this place..." He said as he took her in his arms, then giving her a sweet kiss for the morning. "Especially after finding those panels in the walls...I'm paranoid they are everywhere..." He said with a forced smile.

        Although she could tell something had been on his mind, she was basking in the moment they had been alone without interruptions. As she went to retrieve the soap, Colin snagged it before her. Gently, he kissed her and smiled. "Turn." He said seductively-in a low voice.

        In one swift move, he placed the soap in his palm, and rubbed it on her skin. She moaned sweetly and in a low tone as he moved up and down her body. He then kissed her bare back and she turned and kissed him. But due to the size of the shower, they were unable to do anything more than kiss.

        Eventually, they tore apart from one another and Jennifer placed her clothes on her body. Colin assisted with her clasp on her bra as Jennifer assisted on his belt. Smiling at him, she looked to him and saw worry in his eyes.

        "Is everything alright? You seem like you have seen a ghost or something..."

        He laughed off the joke and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead.

        "I'm fine, love-promise." He clarified due to the look he was receiving from her. I do not think the Scottish food is agreeing with me too well...Can not seem to shake stomach aches and headaches..." He said in truth. Although, that was not what had been aggravating him, he kept the true reason to himself.

        As she placed her hair in a ponytail, Colin kissed her once more. "Now how about those tunnels?" He asked picking up the flashlight from the table.

        She nodded. And so they went...