Chapter Twenty Six- Hidden Abilities

Jennifer ran through the trees until she found Maddox near some caves. Desperate and fighting tears, she fell apart before him until he understood her. By the time they reached him, he was unconscious and hot with fever. His forehead was covered in sweat as his body was as well.

        "Remove his shirt..." He said as he removed a knife from his side.

        Jennifer went to remove his shirt over his head before stopping.

        "Rip it." He said sternly before taking alcohol from his side.

        She quickly tore it from his body and it fell against the ground. She watched as Maddox poured the alcohol onto his side. Colin jumped up and let out a shriek.

        "Put the shirt in his mouth." He said as he gave it to her. She did as requested before she held his hand.

        She watched as Maddox turned and took a walkie talkie from his side and called for Ellie who rushed over incredibly quick. He requested a sewing kit and she gave it to him. Pouring the alcohol on the needle, he used it as well as the knife before Colin began screaming. Squeezing Jennifer's hand, he screamed into the cloth. Digging out the bullet, he threw it on the ground before sewing him up.

        Within an hour, he was sewn and cleaned. With little alcohol left, he drank it before breaking the bottle on the ground. Jennifer noticed as Maddox looked to Ellie who was obviously impressed.

        "Now what?"

        "We let him rest..."

UPDATES AT 410