Chapter Nineteen- Jealousy

It had been almost three hours since Jennifer had seen Colin. Her heart broke before her and in such a rapid progression. She was unable to stop what fell apart. She had believed it was what she wanted. But in that time, she saw a guilt proposal-he just saw rejection. As she made her way back in the office, she found Colin already flirting with Ellie who was eager at his advances. She was now angry, in her own way.

        "So what are we doing next?" Jennifer asked, now completely ignoring Colin.

        An older man stood before her. His hair was gray-with maturity and his eyes were also a deep shade of gray. He was called by the name: Maddox. There was something about him that Jennifer did find alluring, but her heart did belong to Colin-and it always had. But she knew the game he was playing.

        "We are packing to leave. Ellie is making the weapons with Liss and Guarde. We are leaving a six. If we wait too late at night, they will go out again in hopes of getting more recruits."

        She nodded.

        It had been as if Jennifer and Colin had not spoken in years. They were cold to one another. So much so that it caused the others to talk. Jennifer left the room to help Maddox but was called by Ellie.

        "What is going on?"

        "Just go back to him." Jennifer said cruelly. "I'm sorry. Just, got be with him. It's what you both want...Do it.."

        "Jen...you have it wrong..."

        "I knew I didn't feel right about you..Just screw him-It's what you're good at."

        Hurt by this...she turned sharply and ignored her as Jennifer did the same.

        "I am ready." Jennifer said as she smiled at Maddox.

        He gave her a smirk.

*PLEASE BE PATIENT! I PROMISE IT WILL BE WORTH IT! XOXOXO.