Chapter Fourteen- 2 A.M. Seize

The next day went by blissfully. No strange occurances, nothing out of the ordinary. Jennifer and Colin spent the day together in complete contentement. Not able to tear away from one another's company, they spent most of the time physically intertwined with either kisses or touches. Even stolen glances as they went out in public. But as wise people know or soon discover, the bliss never lasts long.

        2 a.m. This was the time that changed everything for Jennifer and Colin. Their lives would never be the same with the following events. A loud bang cause them to awaken. Leaving from each other's embrace, Jennifer rushed to the window as Colin opened the door and looked out of it, looking quickly back and forth. Jennifer gasped as she saw the scene that laid before her. Fire was lit in the streets. Momuments were broken on the cobblestone, vehicles were alight bright, and on the grounds were men dressed in crimson uniforms-they would discover this soon enough.

        As Colin still looked, he noticed men-all tall, all masked in dark colors and unable to identify-they were walking quickly down the halls and knocking hard on the doors the passed. Making it quickly to their room, they had to think of a plan and FAST!

        Colin grabbed the backpack on the chair with their flashlights, map, and clothes before tossing it a few bottles of water, phones, and paper along with extra clothes and soap. Making his way to the window, close to Jennifer, she gave him a look of confusion.

        "What are you doing?"

        "Make them think we left..."

        "What do we do?"

        "Do you trust me?"

        Not hesitating to nod, he pulled her arm and they pushed the bookshelf with great force and watched as it moved open. "We need to go..." He said, holding his hand for her to grab. She looked back and heard the men in a few doors down. Not waiting one more second, she quickly made her way in the tunnel. Colin used all the strength had and pulled it shut. Just as it began moving, the men reached their door. Screaming something in Scottish, they attempted to break down the door. But due to the locks and the thickness of the door, they found this gave them more time to escape. Just as the door closed, the door fell to the floor. Colin and Jennifer did not hesitate to run. Going further in the tunnels, they made their way to the office and found shadows under the doorway. Lingering only a moment, they found the secret they had been trying to uncover for so long.

        "So everyone is evacuated?" One voice asked.

        "No..." A low voice said. They recognized it to be Ellie. "A lot of them are still behind...they got them..."

        "How many?"

        "At least half the town..."

        "Any word from Ireland? Italy?"

        "We can't get through. All electronics don't work. They have the cruficiers out..."

        "We couldn't save enough...even the maps...posting them...it was no use if nobody finds them..."

        "Sorry..." Ellie said as she began crying.

        "Ellie was trying to save us..." Colin whispered to Jennifer who now felt an immense level of guilt.

        "I thought she was just obsessed..."