Chapter Twenty Nine- Sunrise

Jennifer, Ellie, Colin, and Maddox all awoke with an hour of one another. Finding their significant others, they sat beside them and watched as the waves crashed against the shore. They all sat beside one another to the point of being perfectly beside one another in a straight line.

        "Is there anybody coming...to save us?" Jennifer asked, recollecting the moment from last night as Ellie fought with Maddox.

        Maddox and Ellie looked at one another in fear of the truth. They did not say anything aside from the looks they gave one another.

        "Someone eventually has to come this way...right?" Colin asked, attempting to make light of the situation.

        "We are unsure on who is left-if anyone is..." Maddox said truthfully, his gaze now on the water. But as he spoke, he jumped off and leaped into the water, everyone else standing to discover what he had seen-a ship. One in the close distance that caused them to become frantic. They all jumped in the water as Maddox swam, Colin, Ellie, and Jennifer jumped up and down in the water to find the ship to turn toward them. But as they stood, Colin pulled Jennifer from the water.

        "What is it?"

        "They're pirates!"

        Ellie screamed to Maddox and screamed for him to return to her.

        "She already knows! I need to save you!"

        "I can't leave them!"

        "What good is it if we are all dead!"

        Jennifer broke free from his grasp and assisted Ellie on bringing Maddox ashore. As they helped him, Colin helped drag him until they made it to a cave. They set him across a large stone deep in the cave, far from the aquatic bandits.

        "How did you know they were?"

        "When you play a pirate for five years, you pick up on some things..."

        "What gave them away?" Maddox asked as he coughed up water.

        "Their flag. It is dark instead of white, no insignia...and also the fact, they had no captain on deck..."

        Jennifer was impressed with him as Ellie held Maddox's head up as he continued to cough it up.

        "We need to get a plan..."

        "I have an idea..." Ellie said.