Chapter 48

Connor's POV

It was getting late and (Y/n) was getting tired. I told her that she should get some rest and she nodded with a yawn. I smiled a little as she yawned. It was cute. I helped her stand since she was a little wobbly on her feet still and she let me guide her to her room. Her cats trailed after us. She paused.

"Wait, I want to say goodnight to the rest of them." I nodded. I opened the door and she walked past me as we went to see the Sugar Gliders. She made sure all the babies were okay and that the entire family was fed and happy. They were all fine and after she held them for a little while, I reminded her that she had to get to bed. She nodded again and I helped her get them back into the cage. "Night, everyone." She told them. They all squeaked and she chuckled. I chuckled along as well. 

Afterward, we left with the cats and I continued to lead her to her room. She followed me in and she went over to the bed. She sat down and sighed. I saw her pick up her PJ's from on top of the bed. She looked over at me.

"Um...do you mind leaving for a minute?" She said with a small amused grin on her face. I understood, feeling dumb for not seeing that coming.

"Oh. Sorry. Call for me when you're done." I said and left her there. After a minute and 12 seconds, she called me back in. I saw her already laying down and covered up. The cats laid down on the other side of the bed, cuddling up to her side and purring happily. I smiled at the sight. 

I always wanted to see this side of her. She was so different when she was happy. She just seemed...better. I cared for her even when she was sad, but it just felt right to see her at least begin to smile again. I walked over to the side of the bed and sat down on the end of it near her feet.

"Is there anything you would like me to get for you?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nah. You've been doing so much for me already. I didn't say you could stay so you could be my helper. I said you could stay because it's either here or Hank's place." She replied.

"I understand, but I am still here to help. You are injured." I told her.

"Connor, I know that I have a wound, but honestly I can handle it. I'm thankful you want to help, really, but...if you do everything for me what's the point?"

"Point of what?" I asked.

"Well, let's just say I have legs and arms for a reason." She joked. I smiled at her humor and nodded.

"I understand, but if you need anything, just call," I told her. She sighed.

"I can't win this with you, can I?"

"This isn't a game. I don't see why either of us would be winning." I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Nevermind, Connor. Just...go get some rest of your own. It's not like I'm going anywhere." She said. I nodded and got up.

"Goodnight, (Y/n)." She turned off her lamp as I left.

"Night." She replied as I closed the door behind me. I went out into the living room and I sat down on the couch. I decided to go into sleep mode since I didn't have anything else to do. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and I laid down. I closed my eyes and powered down for the night.

Your POV

You laid there with your cats, trying to sleep. You were relaxed, but something was keeping you up. You wished you'd known what. 

You laid there for a while until you gave up. You sighed, sitting up and grabbing your phone. You decided to play some games to get yourself tired. 

After about 10 minutes of this, you felt tired again. You laid back down after powering off your phone and setting it on the nightstand. You covered up again and closed your eyes once more. You were able to fall asleep after that.

You woke up on top of a building. You looked around. Nobody was there. You looked out at the city and you just watched as clouds drifted by and the wind blew gently around you. You sighed. Why am I here? You got up and walked around the rooftop. You found a door and you went through it. 

You followed hallways and went through many different doors until you suddenly made it back to the roof. You were confused. What? But I was going down. Why am I back here? HOW did I get back here?

You heard footsteps. You turned and you saw Connor there. You were a little skeptical. This wasn't normal, you knew that much.

"Connor?" You asked.

"Yes." He replied. You walked toward him.

"Why are we up here?" You asked.

"Just enjoying the view is what I thought." He replied, walking toward the edge to get a better look. You followed him.

"I guess it is a good view." You replied. You both stood there for a while. "So...are we just gonna look at the view or...?" You asked. He said nothing. You looked at him questioningly. "Connor?"

"It's a very long way down." He commented. You looked down.

"Yeah. It's a tall building." You agreed awkwardly.

"How long do you think it would take to hit the pavement?" You stood up and backed away from him.

"Okay, what the hell?! I'm good, thanks!" You said.

"It's not like you haven't fallen before, (Y/n)." You froze. You glared at the android.

"You aren't Connor." You growled.

"No. But anyone could be anything now. How can you tell who's friend and foe? All androids were against humans and now they're together. Equals. Androids can even hide what they are." He said. You backed away as he came closer. With every step you took, he took one as well.

"What do you mean friend and foe? What foes? I don't have any." You said.

"That's what you think, but look who's letting an android stay with her. A well-known officer of the DPD. Cyberlife sure had reasons to target you. Who says others won't?"

"Humans fled the city, creep! I don't know what you're even talking about! Who would want to hurt me? I don't even do anything! I'm not important to anyone or anything!"

"Are you sure. Connor seems quite fond of you." You glared at this evil version of Connor.

"Leave me alone." 

"I can't. We're stuck up here together." You just kept backing up slowly to get away from him.

"You're threats don't scare me." You hissed.

"Threats? Who said this was a threat?" He asked. You suddenly slipped. You yelped as you began to fall. He caught you. You looked into his eyes. Something was different. They weren't the same as before. The brown you knew had been replaced. "It's a warning. One false step and Connor might just crumble with you. Everything around you will fall over again." He said. Then, he let go and he let you fall hundreds of stories down until you felt your back hit the cold and hard pavement below.