Chapter 88

You went into work the next day and got to work instantly. You started scanning through the remaining locations, trying to pick one to go to. You had to find something. You were determined to find something. You wanted to solve this case. You were going to solve this case.

As you were looking through, Connor suddenly got a call. You and Hank both looked at him as he picked up. You connected to the phone secretly to see what was happening.

"Hello, Markus."

"Connor, something is wrong."

"What? What's going on? Another attack?" Hank looked alarmed and you were even more determined to get to the bottom of all of it now.

"No. It's worse. The entire gang just came to me. We've got two androids missing now. We can't contact them at all. There's no connection. Everyone is freaking out. They live here and there is nothing on the cameras or their trackers. Everyone has one now as you know. They've just...disappeared." Connor sat up.

"What? How...how is that possible? Jericho has some of the best technology around. The only ones that have access are the high profile androids. Even hacker androids are blocked. A kidnapping shouldn't even be possible. Not if there's no trace at all. There's got to be something. Anything out of place?"

"There room was messy, but that's it. There's nothing. The room wasn't even that messy, but the friends noticed some different things from the night before. You've gotta get down here. Maybe you all can see something we can't. You're trained for this after all. None of us are detectives."

"Who is missing?"

"Two family members. I think you know them. You just need to come down here. Every second we talk without looking at all of this could be using seconds we have to save them. I can't let anybody else die, Connor. Too many lives have been lost to these murderers already."

"Alright, we're on our way. We'll find them, Markus. I won't let more lives be lost, I promise." 

"Thank you. I'm glad we have somebody in your position that is one of us. Tell (Y/n) I'm glad we have her too. Right now, I don't know what humans we can trust. I can't detect lies as well as you can. I wasn't built for that. I know I was built to be a service android and I know I'm more than that, but nobody is as advanced as you, Collin, and (Y/n). We need you. It was up to me to get us freedom, it's up to all of you to help us survive past this. I know that's a lot to take in, but I believe that. You all have earned your places among us. No matter what happens, I must thank you for all you've done."

"You don't have to, Markus. We'll get to the bottom of this."

"You're all very persistent and strong-willed. I have no doubts."

"We're on our way."

"I'll be waiting outside."

"See you there." Connor hung up and told both you and Hank to come with him. You all quickly got Gavin and Collin and explained to them what happened. They quickly agreed to come along and you all left in a hurry. On the way there, you felt something was off. Why would they take two androids instead of killing all they could while in New Jericho at night? They could've even killed Markus. It makes no sense. Unless...

You arrived before you could finish your thoughts. You got out with the others and you all spotted Markus pacing outside. North, Simon, and Josh were there too, trying to calm him down. They spotted you all and hurried over. 

"Guys! You're here!" Josh exclaimed.

"It's alright. We're gonna find them. Now, what room was it?" Connor asked.