Chapter 65

You and the guys were very frustrated. Six more attacks had happened and only one out of the six had survived. Still, you weren't any closer to figuring this out. It had been a week now. You never had time to focus on one attack because another always happened right afterward.

You were sitting with Gavin in the Cafe. You needed to vent to somebody who couldn't exactly vent back to you about how frustrating the case was. Luckily, Gavin was willing to listen to you vent. He understood all too well how much venting could help somebody afterward as long as they didn't take their rant too far.

"I just don't understand! How can we not find anything!?" You said.

"You'll get it soon, (Y/n). If any team here can figure this out, it's the three of you. You think I'd be able to figure it out? I barely care enough to get off my own ass." He said, inserting a joke into the conversation to try to make you feel better or at least crack a grin. He was successful in making you grin.

"*Sigh* Thanks, Gav, but...I just...I don't want anybody else to get hurt. We've already lost 6 and the last one of all them is still being fixed. He got extremely lucky that he didn't lose his memory."

"I know, but at least you have one survivor. Once he's fixed you can ask him what happened. He might be your best bet now." Gavin pointed out. You sighed, holding your cup of coffee in place on the table as you stared at it.

"I hope you're right. I really hope so." You said before taking another swallow. 

"It'll be fine. Trust me. I might be a dick at times, but since I'm still under the friend label it is my job to remind you that you don't go down easy and your more stubborn than a mule. You'll get this, (Y/n)." You chuckled at him.

"Nice to hear you finally admit it, Gav." You said.

"Hey, I can call myself an asshole, but you hold off okay? I got enough people calling me that anyway." He said with a grin. You laughed.

"Gavin, you're such an idiot!"

"Me the idiot? Well, I can't say I'm your idiot, you already have one of those." He said, raising his cup to take another sip of his own drink.

"Oh, shut the fuck up!" You said, glaring at him with a grin on your face. He chuckled to himself, amused by your reactions. 

"Just doin' my job." He told you. You rolled your eyes.

"Sure thing, Gav. Sure thing." You both finished your drinks before getting up and walking back over to Gavin's desk. You leaned up against it as he sat down.

"So, if you don't mind, I was wondering if you were gonna be able to get out of the house on Friday night this weak. Buddy of mine is throwing a party and I thought you could do with some more fun social interaction." Gavin said. You thought about it and shrugged.

"I don't know. I haven't exactly been a fan of parties since...yeah." You said. Gavin's gaze softened.

"Oh, right. Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up." 

"It's not your fault. I just...ever since my brother...it doesn't exactly bring good memories." You told him.

"No, no, I get that. If you don't wanna go, I get it." He said. You grinned a bit.

"Should I dress nice, or should I dress for drinks on my clothes?" You asked. He grinned.

"I'd dress for drinks, but that's up to you, heh." He replied. You smiled.

"Count me in. Although, you mind if I bring a guest? He needs to live a bit more too."

"Uhhh...I'm not sure if my buddy is cool with androids. I'd have to ask him." You nodded.