Memories and Photographs

CHAEYOUNG's POV

I went home only to find Lisa lying in our bed, sleeping with her headphones on. She's been listening again to this soothing sleep sounds to help her relax and fall asleep easier. I carefully took her headphones off her and placed it in our bedside table.
Lisa has been struggling to get a good sleep these past few days and after that conversation with Jennie Unnie earlier, I do understand now why.

November is approaching..

And that could only mean one thing..

Errin's birthday is coming.

Flashback
Earlier at Errin's House.

"Are you ready now Chaeng-Ah?" Jennie asked me with a worried look in her face. I nod at her and reached for her hand as we walk towards Errin's room.

"I know you've been meaning to ask me about Errin and how Lisa's life used to be."

"I don't know how to tell you so I'm gonna show you everything instead." Jennie uttered a deep sigh and opened the door to Errin's room.

I look around and admired Errin's room.
The room walls were painted in shades of white and soft gray with wood furnishings, giving it a more warm and homey vibe. It's not as big as Lisa's room but this one is more domestic and comfy.
It has a mini library and a study area were all of her law books were neatly placed. In front of it was a huge bulletin board with Lisa's photos pinned in it.

"Lisa loves to take photos Chaeyoung." Jennie mumbled smiling while looking at them.

"Ever since we were in middle school, it has been her most favorite thing in the world."

"She was really good at it."

"She said that whenever she takes pictures, it's like having a power to freeze time cause you can make a beautiful moment last forever."

"Lisa used to love memories Chaeyoung."

"Beautiful memories is what makes her feel more alive." Jennie stared at the photos smiling but her smile suddenly faltered.

"But then her parents died and she stopped doing those things that she love the most."

"She said she can never look at the world the same way ever again."

"And since then, her eyes lost its sparks." she said with utmost regret as she ran her fingers at the photos that were pinned on the board.

"All of the photos here were all taken by Errin."

"You will be able to see Lisa through Errin's eyes." Jennie mumbled weakly and gave me an encouraging tap on the shoulder. She then walked towards the bed and sit there, giving me some time alone to look and browse at the photos.
I can't help but smile and tear up looking at Lisa's photos leaving me with mixed emotions.

All of Lisa's photos were candid and stolen but it was all captured beautifully.

There, I saw the different sides of her.

The lost Lisa that stared aimlessly at the window with her chin resting on her hand.

The clueless Lisa with her eyebrows furrowed as she read something in the magazine.

The amazed Lisa with her mouth wide open while she watch a roller coaster ride inside the theme park.

The annoyed Lisa looking straight at the camera, being so done with Errin's stolen shots of her.