Jisoo in Jennie's Eyes

JENNIE's POV

Have you ever felt your world suddenly halt from moving?

It's like time stood still and things went into slow motion and everything around you becomes irrelevant.

In my 26 years of existence, I only felt that twice for the same person.

I can still clearly remember the first time I saw you at the University. It was almost 10 years ago but I still remember all the details as if it only happened yesterday..

It was March 3 and it was the first day of school.

I was walking hurriedly on my way to your department building from mine to check up on Lisa when I suddenly saw you.

Even the clothes you wore that day were still etched in my memories clearly.

Those red hoodie that I adore so much, that tight faded jeans and old white sneakers you wore.

While we're surrounded by hundreds of students flocking together, Babe you stood out as your hair shines in a beautiful shade of purple red.

You were talking to Lisa and the moment she introduced me to you, you flashed the most beautiful smile.

The moment I held your hand I instantly felt that euphoric sense of warmth.

It felt like I found my way home in the hand of a stranger.

It sounded kinda ironic but it's true. I found my home in you.

I was never fond of crowded places but the moment we held hands I felt like everything around me became irrelevant.
Your warmth was so overwhelming it made me feel safe.

And from that time on, I just knew that I would love you forever.

But I never thought that I would ever experience that kind of slow-mo again.

And this time, it hits different.

I was about to enter the shop when suddenly someone caught my attention.

My world literally stopped as I watch you Jisoo-yah.

There you were.. The only person I was helplessly inlove with for almost 10 years, seated comfortably at the corner as you enjoy the company of another man.

I suddenly felt sick on my stomach and it's not because of the butterflies nor the fluttering anymore.

It's the painful stabbing in my heart as I watch you from afar.

That's what I felt, the moment I saw you with someone else.

I never realized the extent of how physically and emotionally attached I was at you until I saw you with a man I hardly recognize from afar.

I felt like my whole world was suddenly taken away from me.

You were never mine but why do I felt robbed? I felt betrayed

There was never an us from the very beginning but why does it hurts so bad?

I felt a prick in my heart as I watch you smile and blushed at him. It hurts cause your smiles were supposed to be mine.

My heart broke when I saw how he held your hand twice. I found it hard to believe that you never let go from it..

Cause Babe I always thought that your hands were made to hold mine.

Everything hurts. Every fiber of my being hurts. And now my anxieties are starting to fill my head that I start to question everything.

Did you ever really love me? Or you're just too kind to tell me the painful truth?

Maybe it's true.

You never felt the same way for me as I do for you.

I should know, cause you never fought for me for 10 years..

Babe I could still wait for you again for a little longer. And I would still chose you over and over. But you slapped me with the painful truth the moment I saw him lean onto you for a kiss.

Tell me, do I still need to convince myself that it's time to walk away?

_________________________________