Played by Destiny

AUTHOR's POV

"Gosh Lisa this one is really beautiful." Irene mumbled in awe as they all look at the ring that Lisa showed them. She carefully took the ring from the box and examined the stone carefully.

" I wonder how much is that one. Jeez, have you seen how huge that diamond is?" Seulgi commented while oggling at the stone.

"Jagiya, this one is an emerald stone. It's a rare stone and it costs more than diamonds." Irene explained not pulling her gaze away from the deep jade Emerald ring.

" Irene explained not pulling her gaze away from the deep jade Emerald ring

"That's exactly what Jennie said the first time I showed it to them." Lisa commented suppressing her chuckle at the woman in front of her.

"You really are cousins." Jeongyeon bantered at her but Irene just shrug it off since her attention was too focused mainly at the ring.

"Lisa, where exactly did you buy that and how much does it cost? I think I'm going to save more money for that one from now on." Seulgi whispered at her while looking intently at her girlfriend which made Lisa chortled lightly.

"I didn't buy it silly."

"Mom gave it to me." Lisa answered beaming.

"It was your Mom's ring?" Irene queried. Her gaze travelled at her then back to the ring again.

"No. Not my Eomma. Chaeyoung's Mom gave it to me last Christmas."

"It was her gift to me."

"A month before that, I asked for her permission if Chaeng and I could live together since we can't get married yet, knowing same sex marraige is still not allowed here in Korea and in Thailand."

"And I told her that if I could only be given a chance, I would really want to marry her daughter."

"So she gave me this one."

"It was the best Christmas gift I've ever received my entire life, knowing that I could finally marry the one I love and her Mom had finally given me her consent about it." Lisa narrated smiling which made everyone suddenly speechless.

"I'm really happy for you Liz." Irene uttered as she wrap the woman in a congratulatory hug.

"So what's your plan now? When are you going to propose?" Tzuyu butted in while sipping her tea. She looked around making sure Chaeyoung's not around.

"She's still sleeping upstairs." Lisa answered assuring them. She really invited her friends over this early to make sure Chaeyoung's still asleep that time. It's really hard to plan for stuff like this when you have your girlfriend with you 24/7.

"We'll go upstairs to your room and chat with her to make sure she won't go down here." Irene stood up with Tzuyu but Lisa held them off. She was about to say something but she hesitated for a moment. She then went towards Irene and whispered something which made the latter giggle and chuckled amusingly while gently hitting Lisa's arm.