Bao Bao

LISA' S POV

I woke up the next morning with out Chaeyoung by my side.

My heart broke as when I reached for her side this morning, I found her spot to be empty and she's already gone.

"Chaeyoung-Ah?" I called her from my bed as I try to get up and scratch my eyes from the tears that's starting to well up in my eyes.

"Chaeyoung-Ah?"

"Please tell me you're still there." I called her with my voice cracking as I start to sob. I called her numerous times but still there was no response.

I looked at the clock at the bedside table and found that it's only 5 in the morning. On the other side of it was a cup of warm chocolate milk with a note under it. And with trembling hands,I carefully took the note and read it.

Lisa,

Sorry I didn't bother waking you up when I left.

I went home.

It's too cold today. Please wear thick coat.

See you at work.

Chaeyoung.

I stared at her note for a moment and read it again.
I don't know what hurts more. That lonely feeling of waking up with out her on my side or the overwhelming coldness in her letter.

"Stop crying and pull yourself together Lisa."
"You need to win her over again and crying will not help you do that." I told myself as I try hard to supress my bottled up emotion. As much as I wanted to run after her, I can't.

Chaeyoung needs her space and I have to give that to her.

I took the cup of warm chocolate milk and drink it. It somehow helped me lessen my growing anxities.

I stared at the cup and a smile finally formed around my mouth, knowing that deep down, Chaeyoung still does cares for me.

—————————————————————-

The following morning Chaeyoung refused to join us for breakfast in the Lounge Room.

"Unnie did you give Chaeyoung the food I cooked for her?"

"Did she eat it?" I asked Jisoo Unnie anxiously the moment she entered the Lounge Room.

All of our friends looked at us with great apprehension, feeling somewhat sad and sorry for the situation I'm currently in. Jisoo flashed her sweetest smile and that's the only time that I felt a great relief. Irene and Seulgi tapped me in my shoulder encouragingly the moment they join me at my usual table.

" Yeah she ate it Lisa. She even smiled at the flowers you sent her. I think she's starting to warm up on you now."

"Here, she wants to give this to you by the way. She said you shouldn't skip meals also." Jisoo said smiling as she gave me my food making me teary eyed.

"She gave this to me? I asked still perplexed making Jisoo chuckled lightly.

"Lisa, Chaeyoung is not mad at you. She's just hurting. But that doesn't meant that she doesn't care about you anymore."