Fragile Heart

AUTHOR's POV

"So what do you want to eat guys"

"I'm really famished." Irene blurted out in deep sigh the moment they settled inside the café near the Centerpoint Mall.

They just have finished shopping for some baby clothes that they opt to give to both Chaeng and Jennie's babies as gifts.

It's been months already and Chaeyoung's baby bump is getting bigger every week.

"Oh God the trip to the comfort room is getting harder each days." Chaeyoung whined almost breathless the moment she reached their table. 
Suzy, who happened to be with them shot her a worried look as she discreetly observed her from the far end table.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?"

"You looked easily exhausted these days."

"I always notice you catching your breath whenever we take long walks." she said cautiously which somehow caught all their friends attention.

"Chaeng are you alright?" Irene asked right away as she carefully scan her which Chaeyoung responded with an assuring smile.

"Yeah Unnie, Suzy, I'm fine. It's just one of the pregnancy symptoms I guess." Chaeyoung answered flashing them a grateful smile.

"Yeah guys, Jendeuk is even worse than that. Jeez."

"You guys know how she lacks stamina, so imagine her now everytime she walks or do something."

"Even the trip to the bathroom everynight is a burden for her now." Jisoo answered shaking her head.

"Yah. Everynight is really a struggle Unnie."

"And mornings are even worse." Chaeyoung seconded with light chuckles.

"Yeah Chaeng-Ah. Now that I got to experience first hand how it was living with a pregnant wife, I came to realize how persevere and enduring you guys are.

Seriously, being pregnant is not a simple thing. There are lot of changes happening inside your bodies and you have no choice but to deal with it and endure it."

"I even lost count on the number of times Jendeuk has thrown up every morning." Jisoo said in a distressed tone.

"If I had only known that pregnancy could be this grueling, I should have carried our baby instead of her." Jisoo then uttered with such regret but Tzuyu held her off from worrying.

"Unnie.."

"Don't be too hard on your self." Tzuyu uttered softly at the older woman as she pat her shoulder.

"Besides, you can never change Jennie Unnie's mind whether you insist to do it otherwise."

"She promised you that she will give you the family that you always dreamed of right?" she said softly which made everyone release a heartfelt smile.

"And I know that's what Chaeyoung had promised Lisa too." she continued smiling.

"Let them do that for you."

"It's their promise and their dream and the only thing you can do is support and be with them in every step of the way."

"So stop confining them in their safe zones cause you have no idea how much of a fighter your wives are. You and Lisa." she said giving them a knowing look.

"Unnie, I know how much you and Lisa just love your wives and all you want is their safety and comfort but you guys can be too overly protective that it's becoming dumb and stupid sometimes." she said shaking her head.