"The Unconditional Love"

FIVE YEARS AFTER:

LISA'S POV

"Yah- Louis, Lego, get down there. How many times do I have to tell you guys."

"Joohwang is not a food. He's your brother." I sighed exasperated watching my two cats as they sneakily leaped on top of the drawer near the aquarium and stared hungrily at the innocent fish.

It's almost nine in the morning and I still have a long list of task pending that I have to finish before noon.

It's Thursday and I decided to bail from work since today is a very special day for me.

Every year, on this special day, I always always clear all my schedule and work for one specific reason.

Today is Chaeyoung's birthday.

It's been five years already and a lot of things changed after that..

I heaved a deep breath and shook my head trying remove those cobwebs of memories that still lingers in the deepest part of my heart.

I shifted my gaze at the marble counter top and a sweet smile suddenly crept across my lips.

"Lily, stop messing with Leo and Luca." I uttered smiling this time as I watch the three still continued with their playtime."

"Lily Rose Park." I repeated sweetly, calling her attention and it was the only time my daughter looked up to me and flashed a smile with a glint of mischief and fun.

It's the kind of smile that you would only see in her.

"Rosie Sweetie, stop pestering your brothers. You're squeezing your Oppa too hard with that hug of yours." I said releasing soft chuckles which made her giggle a bit as she shifted her gaze at the her two helpless brothers who at the moment were both confined in her tiny little arms as she shower them with kisses, both looking adoringly traumatized and asking for help.

"Leo is so smol." she giggled with her eyes that seems to disappear and her nose scrunched cutely making me all soft at how she exactly resembles Chaeyoung whenever she smiles like that.

"Oh honey, you are hurting his feelings and his big ego." I said as I lift her up and made her sit on her favorite chair

"Yey munchies!" the little girl squeaked excitedly the moment she saw the trays of freshly baked muffins that I just took out from the oven a while ago.

"Honey, haven't you had your breakfast already?" I chuckled with raised eyebrow and her face suddenly fell as she cast me a disappointed look. Rosie pouted and her eyes instantly welled up with tears making me all soft and and guilty inside.

I mean, do you have the heart to say no to her cute puppy eyes?

"But I just want to taste it, Mom." she uttered pleading and I smiled, just looking at her full brown eyes that was similar to my wife.

They always say that Rosie got her looks from me but why do I always see Chaeyoung in her?

My wife was right.

Rosie is a constant reminder of her unconditional love for me.

The greatest gift she could ever give to me.

For she gave me a part of her.

I always thought that I couldn't love anyone else besides Chaeyoung cause my heart had always been hers from the beginning.