The Easter Bunny and the Golden Egg

JENNIE's POV

"Jisoo Unnie are you all set now? Yeah, were outside your house now. We'll just wait for you at the car." I heard Chaeyoung said as she talk to the woman on the other line.

"Jen, are you and Unnie still not talking?" Lisa queried giving me a cautious look. I just looked at her not able to say anything. Lisa then heaved an exasperated sigh and started talking.

"You guys have to sort it out. Atleast tell her what's wrong Jen. I don't know what's happening between you two and I know Chu hasn't even got a single clue either which is unfair. I mean, did you see how anxious she was since yesterday?"

"I went to her office yesterday and her secretary told me that she's done nothing productive the whole day but to blankly stare at the wall which is not her usual self."

"She didn't even touch the food I sent her yesterday." Lisa narrated, with frustration and disappointment crossing her face.

"She hasn't eaten anything since yesterday?" I felt my heart prick as it reeks guilt for avoiding her the whole day. She didn't know that it would also affect Chu badly.

"Yeah. And I'm sure she didn't have a decent sleep again last night either. The other night she called me at past 1 in the morning just to ask about you cause she's worried sick about you."

"I'm not guilt tripping you Jen. I'm just saying all of these because it's not healthy for both of you."

"You guys have to sort it out. If you really are my parents which you always assure me about, then prove it to me now."

"Settle whatever misunderstanding you two have and settle it like what responsible couples do. I'm not a kid but it affects me that much seeing you like that." Lisa explained in her most dignified tone.

"I'm sorry Lili. We'll sort it out I promise." I mumbled almost a whisper. I saw Chaeyoung nod at me and gave me an encouraging smile.

"Jeez, I'm even wearing a stupid duck costume and you're making me talk like this. I look stupid here, giving you some advise while I look like a freaking mascot."

"I mean who would even take me seriously while looking like this.. I don't even know why Unnie picked this one for me at the mall. I shouldn't have let her when she insisted of buying the other day." Lisa whined which caused Chaeyoung to chuckle softly.

"She what? I thought she said she'd meet her sister that day?" I asked confused

"It's an alibi silly."

"Were planning to surprise everyone with this get up that's why we kept it from you. You know, it's been our yearly tradition to dress up in event like this." Lisa said non-chalantly.

I was about to ask her another question but Jisso suddenly appeared.

We all fell silent when we saw her finally got out from her house and walk towards our car.