The Unexpected Encounter

AUTHOR's POV

"So...are you and Irene still not talking?" Nayeon nudged Seul as they sat at the Faculty lounge for our breakfast.

"Come on don't even deny it. You guys are acting weird since after our team building and it's making us worried." Jeongyeon asked impatiently with a raised eyebrow.

She knew her bestfriend well.

Seulgi may be the type of a warm and carefree person but she tend to distance herself to people when she's hurt. And it's something they should worry about since it's rare for Seulgi to be that way. She doesn't get hurt easily and when she does, it means you really did fuck up with her feelings that bad.

"Well she didn't believe me when I told her that I have nothing to do with the plan..You know, the kiss reward that you impulsively announced at the team building." Seulgi answered as she shot her a weak smile and continued  eating while reading her Corporate Finance book.

"I'm sorry bud.."I didn't know it would be that bad between you two. Don't worry I'll talk to her." Jeongyeon said apologetically but Seul just shrug and continued eating.

"I'm not mad Yeon. Seriously, I'm just hurt that she think of me that way. You know I can take critisisms and bashing from anyone with out taking it personally."

"I just never imagine that it would come from her."

"Of all people, she should know that I would never ever mean any harm or disrespect her."

"It's sad that I thought she knew me well after all these years."

"I guess I'm just a toerag that she always say about me." Seulgi said in a sad tone. It's really obvious that she's that affected since you barely see her smile these past few days which is very unusual of her.

"Hey Seul you know it's not true." Jeongyeon countered shaking her head.

"Aside from my Grandma and Nayeon and Chu, you are one of the purest and kindest person I know." she said in her most dignified tone.

"They might misunderstood you for being a prankster and carefree person but that doesn't mean that you don't consider their feelings."

"You're a good person Seul. Don't let others make you feel otherwise." Jeongyeon mumbled teary eyed. Nayeon shot her a worried look. She do noticed that Jeongyeon seemed to be very emotional these past few weeks.

"It's okay Yeon. It's just a stupid feeling. I'll be able to shake this feeling off sooner." she smiled at her bestfriend assuringly.

"Good cause I don't want my best Bud to be that boring. Come on smile for me you turd.." she said grinning at her.

"Do you want to know what would make you feel happy?" Jeongyeon said with her eyebrows wiggling which lit up Seul's expression in an instant. Nayeon shook her head smiling at the two.

 This two really know how to lift each other up.

And she's grateful that it somehow lifts Jeongyeon's mood.

She's worried cause she's acting kinda stange these past few weeks. Like how she tend to decide on something on the last minute or how she often changes her mind and mood over something.
There were several times that she caught her crying and she would always say she doesn't know why she's feeling like that and she know she's telling the truth.

Jeongyeon can never lie to her.

And it really bothers her, cause it's the first time she saw her like that.