"De Ja Vu"

AUTHOR's POV

"Come on Jamie. Stop messing around and answer your Math activities." Jisoo uttered sounding a little firm this time as she lightly poke Jamie, who's attention was fixed on the squirrel she's drawing while looking all bored at the lessons she's giving her. She gently placed the printed math activities in front of her which she had dedicatedly prepared for her daughter and you'll hear Jamie instantly let out a low groan as she looks disapprovingly at the pile of printed  math problems that she has to solve.

"Eomma do I really have to do this?" the little girl asked sounding too skeptical as her cat eyes shifted on her mother and back to the pile of paper.

"Yah Jamie. Stop being lazy and start answering now. You know, when your I was in your age, I always follow your great grandmother's orders diligently."

"Whenever she said don't stop writing until I told you so, I followed her words like it was some kind of law that I shouldn't break."

"That's how strict and serious your Great Grandma was when it comes to teaching. You're even lucky I'm not as strict at her." she said proudly but Jamie just smirked at her while she caresses her chin, looking like she's recalling some important details.

"But Eomma, Aunt Ryujin once said that you always whine at Great Grandma whenever she teaches you." she giggled while flashing a sneaky smile which made Jisoo bit her bottom lip, trying to suppress herself from cursing her sister for spilling those facts to her daughter.

"And Halmi Shin even told me that she used to give you and Mommy Lisa some detention cause you two were always caught sleeping in her class several times." she uttered matter of-factly which made her Mom's heart shaped lips, hung open.

"Yah-Jamie, that was different. I was a working student that time and I barely have a decent sleep during those times." Jisoo reasoned out in a whining tone while Jennie can't help but laugh discreetly at their funny exchange of conversation.

"Relax, Eomma. I am not judging you." Jamie uttered  innocently as she lightly pats her mother's right shoulder and Jennie completely lost it. She burst into fit of laughter, earning her a disapproving look from Jisoo, her wife.

"Care to give me a hand here?" Jisoo uttered rolling her eyes at her and  Jennie sat on the stool next to her daughter and finally joined the conversation.

"Sweetie, regardless of what your Aunt Ryujin and your Halmi have told you, you still have to follow your Mom, okay?" Jennie uttered softly while she lovingly fondles Jamie's puffy cheeks that she got from her. Jamie then nods agreeing with her but gently raised her right hand, a sign that she respects her Mom's words but just like them, she has a valid point that should be heard too. The couple then stares intently at her and finally nods, which is a signal for her to go on with her argument.

Even at a young age, Jamie's parents taught her to voice out her opinions in a polite and considerate manner. They always include her in their conversations and would often ask the little girl, what her thoughts are about certain matters. Jennie was particularly clear of the values that she wanted Jamie to learn at a young age.

"It's not that I am not interested in our lessons Eomma." Jamie started apologetically while her voice starts to trail off the moment she saw her Eomma pouted and looked somewhat sad, but Jennie nods and smiled at her, encouraging her daughter to speak up.

"It's just that I already know all of our lessons and I already answered all my assignments so I don't have to answer it at home." she said in her low husky tone while she took all of her activity books and showed her Moms all her finished assignments.