Through the Eyes of Love

CHAEYOUNG's POV

"Love, why are you still awake?" I  mumbled half asleep at Lisa the moment I opened my eyes and found her still up.

She chuckled planting soft kisses on my lips and snuggled closer to me for warmth.

"Love you've been just asleep for an hour, you can go back to sleep."Lisa answered as she ran her fingers in my hair and kissed me at my forehead.

I looked at the clock and found that it was only just past 12 midnight.

"So I was only napping then? I asked still dazed.

She chuckled again and nodded at me.

"So why are you still up?" I asked with my still raspy voice trying to stay awake. It took her a while before she was able to respond.

"I don't want to sleep Chaeng-ah." Lisa said while intently looking at me. Her expression suddenly  turned serious and somewhat sad.

"I'm scared that if I fall asleep I might wake up  and  find you already gone." she said with a pained voice which she tried to mask.

I don't want to sleep Chaeng."

"I want to spend this night just looking at you this close cause tomorrow I might have my memories back and I might not remember that this ever happened." Lisa answered sadly.

My face suddenly softened at her last words. I really don't know exactly where all of her fears are coming from. But all I know is, she's all confused and afraid.

Eversince she woke up from her coma, she has always been like that.

Afraid of almost everything.

And I know she's really trying hard to overcome all of them.

I always see her try.

She always takes her therapy seriously and would often asks everyone about how it's like living with me in the past.

And it makes me somehow happy and proud about it cause I know she's trying because of me. But lately Lisa's been having a hard time sleeping. It's been weeks since Lisa started her therapy and in that span of time there was never a night that Lisa didn't wake up trembling and all scared from her nightmares.

She must have thought that I never noticed it, but I always caught her getting up from our bed in the middle of the night only to return to my side an hour later after that. And it breaks my heart into pieces cause she would rather choose to deal with it in secret rather make me all worried about her.

That's how considearte Lisa is about me which makes me happy yet sad at the same time.

I cupped her face and made her look at me.

"Love, please tell me about it."

"I know you'd been having your nightmares everynight."

"Babe you know you can always include me in your battles."

"I may be sensitive and all but I'm not as fragile as you think I am Lisa."

"I can be brave and strong enough for the both of us too." I said as I kissed her gently.

"Tell me what's wrong Babe."

She looked down and shook her head feeling all guilty but I held her face and made her look up to me, assuring her that this is not something to be ashamed of.