"Fate"

CHAEYOUNG's POV.

" Unnie are you sure Lisa's not here?" I asked her worriedly the moment we went inside Lisa's house.

Lisa's home is located in one of the wealthiest neighborhood in Seongnam. She lives just across Jennie Unnie's house, which flaunts a tall and solid fence that gives the house privacy from its neighbours. The moment you enter, you'll see an elegant formal living room attached with a stylish and posh family dining room. Adjacent to it is a functional and high end kitchen that is a fashionable open one. The house has five graceful and fancy bedrooms with the master bath on one side and the other bedrooms on the opposite side of the house. The entire house is painted in shades of ivory white bringing in additional brightness and airiness.

Unlike Jennie Unnie's house which is a traditional, yet luxurious one, Lisa's home is more of a contemporary and mordern type.

"Ofcourse not silly." Jennie said which brought me to my sesnses.

"She barely lives here Chaeyoung. Actually, she stopped living here after the accident."
"She stays with me and Mom. Since we live just across this house." Jennie said a matter-of factly.

"We used to share rooms before but when the accident happened and we broke up, she asked to have her own separate room beside mine." she explained hesitantly which I noticed right away.
I held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze assuring her that there's nothing wrong with what she just said.

"Unnie, you don't have to feel awkward at me about that stuff." I smiled at her.

"You are Lisa's first love and I completely respect that. What you both have is so beautiful. And no one has the right to question that. Especially those who were never even there at her most vulnerable times."

"You are the only person in her life who stayed and never left since the very beginning."

"And to be honest, I am really thankful for your pressence in her life Unnie." I said with utmost sincerity.

Jennie smiled at me as she wrapped me in a warm hug.

"Thank you Chaeyoung."

"Lisa and I, we may be childhood sweethearts before, but she's more like a family to me now."

"What we have is like a mother-daughter kind of relationship. It may sound funny, but I made a promise on her parents' grave that I will always look after her no matter what."she said in her most dignified tone.

"I know Unnie. And I will support you on that." I said smiling.

"Thank you Chaeyoung. For making it easier for us."

"You have no idea how happy Jisoo and I were when you told us that Lisa wants to go on a real therapy now. We've been persuading her to do that for God knows how long but she had always been aloof and sensitive when it comes to that." Jennie said.

"It was really surprising. How great your impact has on her."
"And I'm eternally greatful for you Chaeyoung." she said as she held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"So what do you need again?" Jennie asked, trying to lighten the mood as we head to the kitchen.

"Does her Mom have some sort of her own recipe book?" I asked coyly.

"Lisa wrote in her therapy list that she misses her Mom's home-cooked meals. Maybe I could learn cooking her favorite food."

Jennie smiled at me and return to searching for something in the cupboard.

"That's so sweet of you Chaeyoung. I'm sure Lisa would love that."

"Yay. Finally. Good thing I still remember where Eomma used to put her recipe books before." Jennie chuckled as she stood on tip toe trying to get the book in the cupboards.

"Eomma will be happy to know that her dream finally came true." Jennie chuckles which earned me a confused look.

"What dream?" I asked with a smile.

"Well it started off as a joke actually. Lisa and I would always have our breakfast and dinner here since my Mom was always away for business.

"She used to joke that one of her greatest dream is to be able to pass her recipe to her future daughter in law someday."

"Looks like faith is finally working out its magic this time." she said teasingly which made soft and flutter at the same time.

I looked and scanned the book carefully, as if I'm trying to read and know Lisa's Mom from it.

"I'm sure Eomma would love you Chaeyoung. I just wish you met her. You two are exactly just the same to be honest."

"You possess that same aura which I think is why you had that great impact on her since the very beginning she first saw you." Jennie said as she release her genuine smile.

I smiled back at her.

"It's the same for me Unnie."

"I never understood why I felt this much about her."

"I don't know why, I just love Lisa so much."

"People say that what we have was too sudden and too soon. But to be honest, I was already inlove with her for years now since the first time I saw her at the church. It took me a while to finally admit it to myself but to be honest I was really longing to meet her when I found out that she actually works in the same University. I waited for her to return for over a year Unnie. I never understood myself for that but I really waited for to come back."

"It's like I was drawn to her naturally."

"I wanted to meet her.."

"I wanted to know her.."

"So I could understand the reason behind those pain that I always see in her beautiful sad eyes.."

"And that very moment we finally met, I saw her smile for the first time and I just said to myself that I would do anything, just to see that beautiful smile of her again." I said which made Jennie chuckled suddenly.

"I'm sorry Chaeng. I didn't mean to laugh but that's exactly like Lisa 5 years ago when she first met you."
Jennie explained which made me more confused.

"She was crazy about you Chaeng. She always describe you as the girl with most beautiful smile.
She was depressed for years Chaeyoung, but that moment she saw you, she felt an unexplainable feeling. That everything in her chest suddenly felt warm and light and at peace."

"She waited for you for months to come back..."

"Hoping that she would see you again.."

"Her only regret that day was she never had to courage to introduce herself to you." Jennie narrated   as she stared at the window smiling. She then smiled and turned her gaze at me.

"But look at you now"

"After so many years, you finally met at the exact moment you both needed each other the most."

"You and her, it's inevitable." she paused and smiled at me genuinely.

"It's like your fate is already written in the stars."