"Lisa's Rosie"

AUTHOR's POV

It was late night and Lisa couldn't return to sleep.

It shouldn't be a problem.

It doesn't usually take her much effort. She could fall asleep anywhere; in the couch, in the car, or right in the middle of watching netflix. She just needed somewhere to rest her head and she would drift off to sleep in an instant.

But tonight was not one of those nights.

She stirred in her bed that she shares with Chaeyoung, all feeling anxious and restless. Her head and her chest felt heavy as the last image of her dream a while ago kept on replaying in her head.

The half hour of sleep that she was able to get earlier has been plagued by nightmares and anxieties.

And her thoughts kept on pondering about it.

She dreamt of Rosie being taken away from her by a little thief. That annoying smirk on that little thief's face while she take her precious daughter away from her kept on replaying in her head.

And the worst part is, Rosie didn't even protest nor object. She willingly took the thief's hand and in just a blink of an eye, both of them suddenly disappear into thin air leaving her shouting for her name.

Lisa felt restless. She had tossed the covers off, pulled it back in, tossed it off again for the fifth time and after tossing and turning for what seemed like forever, Lisa finally opened her eyes and a deep and heavy sigh escaped her lips.
She turned to Chaeyoung who was peacefully sleeping besides her and snuggled closer, hoping that her warmth would help her drift off into dreamland but her anxious mind refuse to shut down.

She heaved a deep sigh for the tenth time and gently kissed her still sleeping wife in her nape and finally sat down, thinking that it might calm her if she would divert her attention into reading.

Lisa lazily switched the bedside lamp and searched for Chaeyoung's collection of books from the bed side drawer when a pile of photobooks suddenly caught her eye.

She took the three of them and a warm smile touched the corner of her mouth the moment she realized what it was.

It was Rosie's set of photobooks. A collection of her photos since she was born that Lisa and Chaeng have compiled for their child.

She flipped the pages and Lisa can't help but smile and get teary eyed cause it feels like a trip down memory lane.

"Love?"

"What time is it? Why are you still up?"she suddenly heard Chaeyoung hummed half asleep with her arm reaching for her on her side of bed. She peeked her one eye open, trying to see what her wife was doing.

"Don't worry about me Love.."

"Go back to sleep. I'll join you later." Lisa whispered assuring as she lean down unto her wife and kissed her lovingly. She was about to pull away when Chaeyoung snaked her hand on her nape and pulled her wife into a long steamy kiss.

"Hmmmm. Feeling a little better now Love?" Chaeyoung asked sweetly the moment they pulled away from the kiss, earning her soft chuckles from her flustered wife.

"How did you know I'm a bit anxious?" Lisa asked a little stunned but Chaeyoung just smiled at her. She carefully got up and sat besides her while she enclosed her wife in a warm hug.

"Lisa, haven't you forgotten something?"

"I'm your wife."