"Under the Fairy Lights"

AUTHOR's POV

"Come on kids, it's time for warm bath." Chayeoung called sweetly the moment she stepped inside Rosie's room only to find the two kids lying in their tummy, painting a huge white cloth with their faces and arms all covered in paint. Rosie and Jamie then turned to her direction and waives happily at her.

"Later Mom. Jamie and I aren't done yet. A couple more minutes please?" Rosie answered as she shifts her attention at the artwork she's doing. She stroke her paintbrush with her tiny left hand in circular motion, drawing a huge bright sun under the colorful rainbow she painted a while ago while Jamie was busy, painting herself and Rosie on the other side with their hands intertwined.

Chaeyoung then sat besides them and watched the two continued with their work.

"Okay I will give you extra time for that if you will explain to me first what your artwork is about?" Chaeyoung asked smiling and the two kids instantly looked up to her and flashed a toothy grin.

"Thanks Mommy Chaeng." Jamie answered grinning. She then sat up and stretched her neck and pointed her and Rosie that she drew using her paintbrush.

"This is me and Rosie going to the magical place we always talk about." Jamie started, earning her a soft giggle from Rosie the moment she saw her work.

"We're holding hands here because Rosie always get too excited whenever she see the things that she loves and I'm a little worried that she might get lost there that's why I am holding her hand here." Jamie explained coyly and Chaeyoung's heart instantly melted at Jamie's genuine care and love for her little Rosie.

"Oh Baby, you are the sweetest." Chaeyoung cooed sweetly at the little girl and gave her kisses in her cheeks which the little one responded with light chuckles. She then turned to her daughter who's smiling from ear to ear at her.

"What's my Little Rosie's drawings then?"she finally asked which the little girl explained with such enthusiasm.

"Well I painted everything that Jamie and I love to see." she answered and pointed all the cute creatures that Rosie painted.

"The first one that I painted is a unicorn cause Jamie is crazy about it."

"She said she really wants to ride in a flying unicorn." she narrated earning her a fit of loud giggles from Jamie.

"And then I drew, rabbits and a lot of trees cause Jamie loves trees. And then I drew Squirrels and cats cause I love them."

"And we also put our Oppas here cause they always follow us around wherever we go." she said as she points all of their pets starting from Dalgom, Kuma and Leo and all of Lisa's cats.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you."

"And this is so beautiful." Chaeyoung commented in all honesty as she adores Jamie and Rosie's artwork.

"Thanks Mom." the two answered back grinning.

"But what about us? Why didn't you guys put your Moms there?" Chaeyoung commented pouting and the two kids just chuckled at her.

"Mom, this is our Magical place. It's supposed to be a secret place for me and Jamie only that's why you can't go in there except for us."

"It's our happy place." Rosie explained innocently and Chaeyoung's sad look suddenly melted in a heartfelt smile. She looked at them both and finally smiled, seeing how the kids that they raised, grew up to be this full of life and innocence.