A Toast for Chaelisa

"Chu why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital?" Irene queried at her with a confused expressions crossed on her face.

"Well, Eomma called me for some important documents to be signed today so I head straight here before going to the hospital."

"Jendeuk is on her way there, we just used seperate cars" Jisoo explained them before joining them in their usual table.

"I just check on you guys here before heading out cause I missed having breakfast with you every morning." she chuckled at them which made everyone beamed brightly at the woman.

"Here Chu, you eat this. You need to eat a lot. It's really stressful staying at the hospital especially with Lisa's condition."

"You should have told us earlier, we could have brought the documents over at the hospital later for you to sign since we always visit there after work." Irene reprimand the young woman worriedly. Her demeanor softened when Jisoo responded at her with a grateful smile.

"How's Lisa by the way?"

"Any improvement since last night?"

"Seul and I are going again there later."

"All the girls are coming with us too." She informed her without pausing. It clearly shows how she missed having the four girls with them here at their usual breakfast. It has been 2 weeks already since the accident happened and right after that, the four of them have been on an indefinite leave.

It was a chaos, having to look for substitute professors that will cover for the three of them while Chaeyoung's work has been temporary taken over by Sana, her nurse.

"She's getting better Irene. The swelling is almost subsiding now and all we can hope for is for her brain to be fully healed before this week ends so the doctors can now reverse the process and they can finally put her out of the coma." Jisoo narrated sounding optimistic.

"Well that's good to hear. I know Chaeyoung will be happy about it. How is she coping up?" Wendy asked her worriedly. Jisoo looked at them and heaved a faint smile.

"To be honest, I don't know anymore."

"After that incident at the ICU where Lisa's heart stopped for seconds, we really did thought that she's already dead."

"If it weren't for Chaeyoung's call for her, I think it wouldn't have brought Lisa back to life."

"I know it might sound stupid and overly dramatic but Lisa's heart really did start beating again when Chaeyoung kept shouting for her to fight and never give up."

"I thought we really lost her there Unnie." Jisoo mumbled looking up as she suppress her eyes not to shed a tear but it kept on anyway.

"I was there. I saw and heard everything."

"It was a miracle that she survived that."
Jisoo said solemnly which silenced them at once. They were all speechless for a moment for it was the first time that Jisoo had told them what really happened that day.

In that span of weeks, Chaeyoung just kept her silence just doing her daily routine of visiting and staying with Lisa and just talking to her all day, she never talked much to anyone about her feelings.

She never cried after that incident and she would always flash that smile cause the least that Chaeyoung wants is for them to worry about her.

But everyone knows how scared and fragile she is right now.