Angel's Cry

IRENE's POV

I suddenly woke up a little irritated from the constant ringing of my phone which I lazily took. Still half-asleep, I peeked on my phone only to find out that it's already 2 in the afternoon and I have nine missed calls from my Mother.

"Great." I uttered as I heaved a deep sigh, still contemplating if it's worth her energy and effort to comply to her Mom's request of meeting her later or just opt of not going since she already knew what her Mom's agenda would be. I then turned to Seulgi who at the moment was still in her deep slumber.

I snuggled closer to her and inhaled her shamelessly while I placed soft kisses in her bare back and that's the only time Seulgi stir from her sleep.

She hummed and finally opened her eyes at me and a sweet smile instantly crept across her lips.
She intuitively shifted on her side as she turned to face me and gave me a soft kiss on my lips.

"Goodmorning what time is it Jagiya?" Seulgi husked in her deep voice while she nuzzled closer to my still exposed breast and started kissing it.

"It's two in the afternoon Hon. You can still go back to sleep, you need a decent rest." I said softly while I fondle with her hair and kissed her lovingly.

It's been weeks now since Chaeyoung gave birth to Rosie but in that span of time, her condition doesn't seem to improve.

It's even getting worse as time goes by which left Chaeyoung in a life support.

And it's traumatizing, watching and fearing for her body to finally give up.

It's hard, watching Lisa broke down every night when no one is around only to keep a positive and cheerful face the next day.

I wonder how was she able to endure and keep up with that?

If that would ever happen to me, I don't know if I would still be able to keep my sanity intact with me.

But Lisa is different. She never gave up or lost hope despite the doctors opinion about Chaeyoung's chances of survival.

She stood by her, never leaving her wife, hoping that one day, Chaeyoung will wake up from her sleep and everything will go back to the way it was before.

"Jagiya what's wrong?" I heard Seul asked softly as she look at me worriedly.

"Nothing Hon. You go back to sleep. I need to get up now." I uttered smiling and pecked her in her lips.

"Where are you going? I'll drive you to your location."Seulgi offered as she try to get up but I halted her off."

"No Seul. I'll be fine. You have to sleep. You've been staying up all night with Lisa for days now."

"Just don't worry about me okay? I'll be back right before you wake up." I said assuring and that was only time Seul stopped from worrying. I kissed her again and lulled her to sleep before I finally decided to get up and shower.

Still sleepy, I stood up naked and grabbed my robes and groggily walked towards the bathroom.

Well this day is going to be a dreadful one...

"You're an hour late."

That's the first thing I heard from my mother the moment I arrived at my parents'  home where I used to live and found her sitting at the study room while sipping her tea.

She looked at me with such dismay and disappointment which never bothered me at all.

For years, I have come into terms that there's no way in hell that I would be able to please them nor get the kind of affection that I longed for them and so I stopped bothering myself a long time ago.