Chapter 3 - Possessive

The kitchens were noisy, hybrids of all ages running around, some throwing food. You walked in and a young bunny hybrid, Jungkook, about four years old came bounding towards you. There was a toothy grin on his face and his arms were outstretched but before he could embrace you a growl tore through the kitchen. The hybrid in your arms snarled at the little boy before you and you watched as Jungkook's eyes grew, tears threatening to spill from them. His lip trembled and you marveled for a moment at the perfect pout displayed on his face. 

"Hey now, that wasn't very nice. Come here Jungkook, it's okay."

You grabbed the bunny boy's hand and led him into an empty room off the side of the kitchen, ignoring the growls coming from the hybrid you were holding.

You set the hybrid down, cooing when he whimpered at the loss of contact. You gestured for Jungkook to sit down across from him and planted yourself between the two.

You didn't even have time to look over before you felt a weight in your lap and you saw the hybrid looking up at you. He nudged his head into your leg and nuzzled your thigh with his nose. You ran a hand through his hair while beckoning Jungkook closer with the other. The once relaxed hybrid in your lap bared his teeth and growled again, eliciting a whine from Jungkook.

"It's okay Jungkook, come over here. He won't hurt you, I promise." The bunny boy inched closer, eyes wide in fear at the constant growling. You shushed the hybrid in your lap, scooting him over to rest on one side of your lap. You placed Jungkook on the other side, rubbing his ears and laughing at how he thumped his leg against the ground in happiness. 

The hybrid rolled off of your lap, crouching down and getting ready to pounce on the young boy. You held up a hand, pressing a finger against his lips to silence his growl. He stared up at you with big brown eyes.

"Don't growl, Jungkook is nice. You can still sit with me, there's still room. You two can share, okay?"

You were fairly sure that your reassurances weren't understood by the hybrid but he stopped growling and sat up once again. You smiled, patting your lap and watching as he tentatively climbed into it once more. You noticed that he moved like a dog would, staying crouched on all fours and keeping his hands curled into themselves like paws. He got into your lap like a dog would as well, hopping in with his hands first and flopping over to lay across your leg. 

Jungkook was eyeing the floppy brown ears that sat atop the hybrid's head and you took his small hand, extending it for the hybrid to smell. Once he deemed Jungkook safe, you let him reach over and pet the hybrid. 

His tail began thumping on the ground and Jungkook giggled, using both hands to scratch his ears and scalp. You were so caught up in observing the scene before you that you almost didn't feel your phone buzz in your pocket. You brought it out, seeing a message from Seokjin on the lockscreen.

'I heard you've taken over the new hybrid. His name is Kim Taehyung, he was found in the forest about twenty miles from here. I guess his owner was super rich and eventually replaced him with a snow leopard hybrid. But his owner is known to raise hybrids as full animals. Any human behavior and they're severely beaten. Some don't make it out alive, he's lucky to be here. That being said, he needs to be taught basic human functions like brushing his teeth or getting himself dressed. I guess he was pretty aggressive at some point so the guards are saying that he has to stay in solitary confinement. But I'm sure that if you offered, they'd let you take him home. He needs love, and I know you can give that to him."

You had shed a few tears at the mentions of how cruel his old master used to treat him. Taehyung, having noticed this, wiggled away from Jungkook's small pudgy hands and nudged your cheek with his nose. He nuzzled his forehead into your cheek and whimpered, pressing most of his body against yours. You lifted his chin up, leaning in and pressing a kiss to his little button nose. He went slightly cross eyed trying to follow your movements, sneezing a few seconds later. You giggled, ruffling his hair and deciding that yes, you were going to take this hybrid in.