Chapter Sixty-Four - Citizenship

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off! They also offer free shipping!

--

You had almost forgotten that Yugyeom, Jackson, and Jinyoung were in the house still, only remembering when you heard the baby's shrill cry.

"I forgot, I'll have to go down to the shelter today, get them registered."

"Uh, Y/N?"

You turned to Namjoon, "Yeah?"

"I have a friend, he.. He makes fake ID cards for hybrids so that they can pretend to be humans, so that they cam become citizens. They don't do extensive checks when they're getting their citizenship, so Yugyeom could get away with it. I brought it up to him the other day, he seemed really interested, he said he wanted to buy a house, and raise Jackson and Jinyoung as his kids. He can adopt them through the shelter as long as he's registered as a citizen."

"Wait wait wait. Why haven't you offered this for anyone else yet?"

He sighed, "It's just because, well, it's highly illegal. I'd also get fake papers to pretend that the three boys are your hybrids, because if anyone catches them, Yugyeom would get executed, and Jackson and Jinyoung would be sold into slavery. He just really wants to have his own family, he needs his own space, not the shelter."

"Joonie?"

Namjoon looked down at the kitten hybrid in his lap, "Yes Joy?"

"Are you a criminal?"

"What?! No! I.. It's, the law is," He cut himself off again and again, "The law is unfair. I'm trying to help Yugyeom as much as possible."

"But you said it was illegal, so you're breaking the law. Doesn't that mean you're a criminal?"

"Joy.. Sometimes you have to break the rules to help people who need it. But! But, you're never ever allowed to break any rules without asking me first! If I let you have free rein of this house there'd never be any cream in the fridge to cook with."

The kitty giggled and her tail came up to wrap around Namjoon's wrist as he tangled his fingers in her hair, brushing it out and smoothing over her ears every once in a while.

"How much are they asking for the fake papers Joon?"

His head shot up and he shook his head slightly, wiping the proud smile off of his face from the sight of his adopted daughter.

"Oh, nothing. I helped them out a little while ago, so they're saying that they owe me, I'm using this as my favor."

You nodded, "Come with me then, and we can tell him together. What's your friend's name?"

"Junmyeon. You know him, just by a different name. You'll see when he comes over."

The explanation had your head spinning and you tried to think of anyone you knew by a strange name, one that could have been fake. You could think of no one, shaking your head and ignoring Namjoon's laugh at your confused face. Taehyung broke his hand free of your grasp, placing it on your thigh under the table, but you saw Jungkook's eyes follow his hands movement. You reached over, lacing your fingers in his again and letting them hang between your two chairs.

You lifted Taehyung's hand and pressed a kiss to the back of it, dropping it as you rose to your feet. Taehyung shot up out of his seat too, grabbing your hand again but you pried yours out of his.

"Namjoon and I are going to go talk to Yugyeom, why don't you and Jimin, Hoseok, Joy, and Jungkook watch some tv?" He whined but let go of your hand, shuffling into the living room. The rest of the hybrids followed behind excitedly, eager to get their early morning cartoon fill.

You ascended the stairs with Namjoon, knocking gently on the rabbit hybrid's door before little footsteps rushed towards you and the door swung open. Jackson greeted you with a blinding smile, arms held above his head as he jumped up at you from your feet. His hands grasped onto your shirt as he jumped onto you, trying to get any leverage that he could. You bent down, placing your hands underneath his arms and lifting him into your arms.

"Y/N! I missed you, I missed you so much! You were gone for so, so long! I wanted to go see you, but Yugyeom said I couldn't."

He crossed his arms and pouted, glaring at the bunny hybrid inside.

Yugyeom turned, playfully glaring right back at him, "I told you, Taehyung was sick. I didn't want you getting sick, you should be thanking me." His answer elicited a whine from the puppy who turned in your arms to face you.

"Did you get sick too Y/N? Are you okay?" He held his chubby hands up to rest on your cheeks and you cooed, turning your head to kiss the palms of both of them.

"I'm fine Jackson, I missed you too."

You set the pitbull hybrid down in the door and walked in after he ran inside, Namjoon bringing up the rear and following you. He shut the door behind him, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

Jackson immediately ran across the room, digging in a bucket in the corner and pulling out a bright red object. You sat down on the floor and Jackson rushed over, plopping himself in your lap and holding up the ball in his hands, that had a face on it, one that was smiling brightly. You let out a soft, 'wow' at the toy, humoring the young child as he sat in your lap. You wrapped your arms around him and tugged him to your chest, waving a hand and smiling at Jinyoung, who was standing in a crib in the corner. He giggled, his cat ears flicking as he imitated a wave back to you, reaching out for Yugyeom to take him out of the crib.

The bunny complied, nuzzling his nose into the baby's and smiling at the adorable coo that came from Jinyoung. The elder sat down on the bed next to Namjoon, cradling his younger brother, or soon to be son in his arms. You were lost in the beautiful moment until Namjoon hesitantly cleared his throat. All attention was on him as he spoke.

"Yugyeom, about that plan we discussed yesterday..."