Chapter Fifty-Nine - Doubts

Chanyeol returned your smile, nodding slightly.

"Of course Y/N, I'm glad we could help."

You heard a familiar whine in Seokjin and Jimin's room so you excused yourself. You poked your head in the door, quickly opening your arms when Taehyung threw himself at you.

"Y/N, are you okay? He didn't touch you, did he?" Tae wrapped his legs around your waist, tucking his head in your neck.

"No baby, I'm okay, he didn't touch me at all. It's okay, don't worry. Chanyeol helped, your old owner is being arrested. Don't worry."

Seokjin held a crying Jungkook as well as a sleepy Jimin in his lap and you set Taehyung on his feet, reaching for the upset bunny boy. He made grabby hands at you, sniffling and letting out more wails when you hugged him. He burrowed into your neck, muffling his sobs with your soft skin and wrapping his chubby little arms around your shoulders. You bounced him slightly, patting his back like you would a baby and it calmed him, reducing his sobs and tears to light sniffles and puffy eyes. You heard the crying of an actual baby, Jinyoung, in the other room and hoped that Yugyeom didn't have to go through too much.

The tired bunny was slowly slumping in your arms, head coming to rest on your shoulder. You moved towards the door, grabbing the hand of an almost equally tired Taehyung and walking to your bedroom.

Your bed was still a mess, sheets hanging over the edge of the bed and comforter bunched up near the foot. You set Jungkook down first, placing him in the middle and crawling to the far side of the bed. You held your arms open for Taehyung, wrapping one around his middle and the other sliding under Jungkook as he slept. You leaned over, pressing a kiss to Taehyung's forehead and closing your eyes. You felt his arm come and rest on your waist, and the other coming to lace fingers with yours that was underneath Jungkook. You smiled, drifting off to sleep with the blissful expression on your face.

It wasn't either of your hybrids that woke you, instead a hyper corgi that hopped up onto your chest. Your eyes slowly fluttered open and you regarded the small dog with a smile.

"Sometimes I forget you can shift Jimin." He yaps at this and you place a finger over your mouth, cringing as Jungkook kicks his legs around and rolls over in his sleep. You stroked the little dog's ears, humming softly as he plopped down onto your chest. Jungkook rolled over again in his sleep, kicking your stomach as he shifted. You groaned at the jab, a sound that finally woke the bunny hybrid up and had him blinking sleepily. 

Jimin leaned over from his spot on your chest, licking Jungkook's cheek a few times before Jungkook finally fully woke up, giggling at the dog and sitting up against the headboard. You also sat up, holding the corgi at arms length until you were settled and setting him in your lap again. He stood up to lick your chin a few times before you kissed his head, running a hand over his stomach. He quickly laid, tummy exposed, in your lap, wiggling until both you and Jungkook began rubbing his belly for him. The happy whimpers that came from his throat finally woke Taehyung, who, once he was fully awake, sat up and curled himself into you. You took your hand off of Jimin's tummy, eliciting a whine from the corgi, to wrap it around Taehyung's shoulder instead. You felt your shoulder begin to dampen slightly and you felt Taehyung shaking under your arm. 

"Jungkook, Jimin, why don't you go put on some cartoons, we'll be right down after you, okay?"

Thankfully, nether hybrid noticed Taehyung crying, and if they did, they didn't say anything. They rushed downstairs, the short-legged dog scrambling to catch up with the bunny boy. You turned to the hybrid on your side, pulling him up off of you. You cupped his face, wiping away the tears with your thumbs and bumping your nose with his.

"What's wrong baby?"

"It's just... I'm so much trouble. You had to get Namjoon to teach me how to speak, you took me into your home, you fought off my old owners, you-" You cut him off with a kiss, silencing his worries. He pushed his forehead against yours, whining slightly, the noise making you pull back.

"I don't care, that doesn't matter to me. What does is that you're safe and protected, and most of all happy. I love you, why would I be going to all this 'trouble' if I didn't?"

"I.. I just, I don't want you to realize that I'm not worth it."

"Stop it. Yes you are, of course you are! What makes you think that you're not worth it?"

"I told you, I cause too much trouble."

"But you love me, and I love you. Love is enough for me, it makes up for the scary parts or the extra money that I spend. I don't want you to ever think that you aren't worth it, you're worth anything that I could do for you, I love you, okay?"

"O-okay, I love you too." He sniffled, nodding slightly. You wiped his cheeks again, getting the remaining tears off of his face. He nuzzled his face into your hands and you cooed, pressing your forehead against his and kissing his nose. His tail began to wag and you giggled, stroking the fur on the appendage that wiggled in your hands. 

You slid off of the bed, scooping up your kitten that was quickly growing, (who I forgot about again :') ) and grabbing Taehyung's hand. You walked out into the hallway, pointing at a sleeping Jimin and Jungkook on the couch, the bunny boy laid out with his head resting on the corgi. Taehyung chuckled and jogged down the stairs, shifting and hopping up onto the couch. You followed, setting your kitten down on a cushion before plopping down yourself. Taehyung rushed for a spot in your lap but so did the kitten, and you laughed as the kitten reached up, smacking Taehyung's nose with his little paw and curling up in your lap.