Chapter Eighty-Three - The Announcement

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off! They also offer free shipping!

Thank you all so much for 500 followers, and I've just updated my AO3 story, so if you're interested, please please please go give it some love, I really really like working on it!

--

Your breath hitched in your throat, eyes watering and tears leaking, streaming down the sides of your face. You nodded vigorously, breathing out a, 'yes,' and sliding off of the bed to hug Taehyung. You heard his tail beat against the side of the nightstand, harder and faster than it ever had before. You gave him your hand, cheeks burning at how hard you smiled when he slid the ring onto your finger. You could barely see through your tears, the sparkly ring blurring into bright purple lights. Taehyung pressed himself against you, arms wrapping around you and squeezing you until you were almost unable to breathe. You felt him kiss the top of your head, burying his nose into your hair. You felt a little hand on your shoulder, turning around to see Jungkook.

"Did you say yes? Oh Mommy, please tell me you said yes!" You held out your hand, showing him the ring on your finger as he leapt up and down happily. You laughed, holding out your arms as he leapt into them, knocking you back slightly into Taehyung. Your fiancee wrapped his arms around you, hands resting on Jungkook's back. It was a beautiful family group hug, your legal son and your fiancee warming your heart more than you ever thought was possible.

Eventually though, you broke away, setting Jungkook off to play again with a pat on his head and a warning not to tell anyone the news. You had a barbecue planned for tonight's dinner, you planned on telling them then. 

He agreed, racing off with a grin to go and play with his friends. You leaned your head into Taehyung's his forehead against the side of your head. You sadly slid the ring off of your finger, sliding it securely into your back pocket. Taehyung's brows furrowed but you cut him off before he could speak.

"IF we're gonna announce it at dinner, we can't have anyone seeing it beforehand. I'll reach behind my back and slide it on, don't worry. I'm just," You smiled, wiping at another tear that threatened to escape, "I'm so happy."

--

You flipped a burger patty on the barbecue, teaching Jimin how to slide the spatula under the meat and quickly flip it so that it wouldn't burn. He tried, accidentally splitting one of the patties in half before he got the hang of it. You left him with the burgers, rotating the hotdogs and checking on the pulled pork for your sloppy joes. (If you are a vegetarian or a vegan bear with me I am so sorry just imagine it with meat and animal product substitutes instead :')  )

Jungkook nearly burned one of his floppy ears when he ran past the hot grill, chasing after Jackson and Joy. You didn't want to yell, instead calling their names and telling them to run around at the other side of the yard instead. Jin prepared everything but the meat, setting out condiments and freshly sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, and onion slices for burgers. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok were in charge of setting up the tables, then setting them, multiple people needed to unfold the picnic tables and spread the tablecloths. Yoongi had come by the grill one too many times, you knew that he was taking pieces of fresh food each time, but didn't have it in you to reprimand him, he was a grown man. 

Hoseok flopped on the grass, playing around with both cats that enjoyed batting at his husky ears and tail. He made sure not to squish the little one, Joy's new kitty as he was tiny enough to step on. All the little kids eventually joined him, dogpiling on the man and giggling when he tickled their sides. 

You turned away from the grill, letting the hotdogs cook longer on a raw side while you observed the yard. Taehyung was stood by your side, arm wrapped around your waist and chin on your shoulder as he hugged you from behind.

You watched as Hoseok rolled around with the two kittens and three children, playfully growling and tugging on Jungkook's ears when the bunny tried to tackled the dogboy. Yugyeom had Jinyoung balanced on his lap, bouncing him up and down as the baby cat hybrid cooed and reached for the flowers around the garden. 

Yoongi sat with Namjoon, talking about whatever they felt like and laughing at the kids when they overpowered Hoseok and pinned him to the ground, kissing his cheeks and forehead. Jin gave a small slice of tomato to Jinyoung, laughing his signature laugh when the baby got more of it on his face and clothes than in his mouth. Jimin called your name and showed off all of the burgers, perfectly flipped and perfectly cooked as you praised him for his good work. 

You finally plated all of the food, asking each of the kids what they wanted first and instructing them to all go sit together. Jungkook got to go first as he was the birthday boy, so he lead his friends over to a table and sat. He saved you and Taehyung seats, making sure that Hoseok had one near them too as he was still practically their best friends from playing with them for so long. 

You let everyone get their plates, sitting down and getting settled before you asked for everyone's attention. 

"Well, we all know it's Jungkook's birthday today, happy birthday my little bunny," Jungkook smiled and blushed, getting up and hugging you quickly, "But we have some other news as well."

You slid your hand into your back pocket, securing the ring on your finger and linking it with Taehyung's, holding your clasped hands out for everyone to see.

"We're engaged," You nearly cried just at the words, but the happy cheers from everyone around you finally broke the dam, tears flowing down your cheeks as you smiled.