Chapter Seventeen - The Shelter

Since this is chapter Seventeen, my question to you is, do you stan Seventeen? If so, who is/are your bias/es and bias wrecker/s, and what's your favorite song of theirs? Added a few members because I'm absolutely 100% soft for them :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your car probably made skid marks as you screeched to a stop in the shelter's parking lot, furiously wiping your eyes for the last time before entering the shelter. The bell above the door, mostly placed there for the cat hybrid's amusement rather than to help alert employees of customers, chimed with your arrival. The employee that had called you, Yeri, greeted you at the door.

"Y/N, thank you so much for coming. He's not letting us in and we don't want to freak him out so we don't force ourselves in there. But he needs to come out and eat and you're the only one that can make him do that."

You nodded, already on your way to the bunny boy's room. It was down three long hallways, door labeled with a sign he colored himself, bearing his name. You sniffled as you looked at the messily crayon-colored sign, remembering helping him color it yourself. 

"Can you color the paper?"

He looked at you, grinning a beautiful, two-toothed smile before holding the crayon over the wall tauntingly.

"Nooo, not the wall silly! The paper!"

He giggled, now positioning the crayon over his nose.

"Are you gonna color on your face? You'll be Jungkook the Red-Nosed Rabbit!"

He was laughing hysterically now, little laughter music to your ears. You scooped him up, tickling him to get him to laugh more, then setting him in your lap, dragging the paper closer. You took his hand in yours, holding his little fist closed around the crayon. You guided him through a 'J', sounding out the letter before spelling out the rest of his name. You said his name, sliding your finger across the letters as you pronounced them. You looked down at him, almost giggling at the way his ears stood straight on his head.

"Can you say it too? Jungkook?"

"Jungoo"

You cooed, booping his nose before bringing him into a hug. It wasn't the right pronounciation, but it was perfect. You smiled as his ears tickled the underside of your chin, knowing that Jungkook would always have a place in your heart.

He had come into the shelter as a baby, no more than three months old. The owner of his mother was infuriated with his constant teething, but he couldn't help it, so she threw him out. You had been the one to find him, tossed in a dumpster like garbage. You had picked up the infant and wrapped him in your jacket, cooing at his big doe eyes.

You moved into the shelter temporarily, nursing him back to health and teaching him to speak, read, write, basic human functions. He was like your baby and the thought of him being teased or bullied tore your heart in half. You knocked on the door softly, knowing that his sensitive bunny ears didn't take well to loud knocks.

"Jungkook? It's Y/N, can I come in? I came to see you, I actually wanted to ask you something that I think you'll like. But you gotta let me in, I wanna see your little face."

You heard rushed thumping footsteps when you said your name, stopping just before the door. Once you finished your question, the door cracked open, an eye and part of a fuzzy ear the only thing you were able to see.

"You really came back to see me?"

"Of course Kookie! Can I please come in?"

He nodded, ear bobbing up and down in the crack of the door before it swung open, revealing a pajama-clad bunny, footie pajamas making him look like even more of a baby.