Chapter Sixty-Two - The Mark

Go to wearbts.com and use code scoups to get 10% off of your order! They also offer free shipping!

For those of you who follow me, you know that I went to the opening night of bts' speak yourself world tour last night at the rose bowl. I posted an announcement about it on my feed, so go check that out, and if there's anything you want to know, don't hesitate to ask!

--

You awoke once more that night to the sounds of violent retching from the bathroom. You gave Taehyung meds that were specially designed to reduce the symptoms of hybrid's heat sickness, not suppressants though, as those had harmful affects on hybrids. He was currently sleeping, cheek squished slightly against your shoulder as you tried to order more medicine for him.

You scoffed lightly at the ads for the heat suppressants below.

Is your hybrid going through their heat? What a mess! Get rid of that disgusting, animalistic heat with just a phone call, and three single payments of-

You felt bile rise in your throat now as you skipped that one and moved to the next one.

Your hybrid is in heat. You just want to monopolize on their sex drive, but they keep getting sick in between! Well, guess what? You can-

You shut off your phone, tossing it across the room and hearing it land somewhere with a thud. You couldn't believe how disgusting people, humans could really be, it was ridiculous to you that they could treat hybrids as though they weren't also human.

You thought, recalling the ad for the medicine you gave Taehyung just now.

Is your hybrid experiencing symptoms of sickness, fever, runny nose, nausea, coughing, or sneezing? These pills won't at all act as suppressants for their heats, which has ridiculously harmful effects on them. Instead, they will cure their symptoms, acting as any human over the counter medicine would do. Take your hybrids off of heat suppressants and let them deal with them naturally, whether you help them or get them help, it's healthier for them. And our pills can help them get back to normal as fast as possible.

You were glad that some people realized that hybrids were really just humans with animal traits, physical and mental. Just because Taehyung had a tail, ears, and an affinity for tennis balls didn't mean that he was less human than you, or than anyone else.

You turned, gazing down at Taehyung's sleeping face and smiling at his slightly disheveled appearance. You combed your fingers through his hair, running a hand down his cheek and cupping it in your palm. It was warmer than it should have been, the fever really taking it's toll and heating him up. He shifted in his sleep, leaning his cheek more into your hand and sighing gently, breath blowing over your hand.

You leaned in, kissing his slightly red nose and one of his eyes peeked open at you, teeth biting at his lips as he tried not to smile.

"Were you awake the whole time?!"

"Mhm. Caught you staring at me." He giggled, winking at you though his cheek was squished against the pillow so his other eye looked as if it was closed as well. You sighed, rolling your eyes but smiling nonetheless and laying down with him. He wrapped an arm around your chest, pulling you into him and nestling his face into the crook of your neck. You felt his lips slightly part on your skin, puffs of air as he breathed hitting your neck and making you shiver.

--

It was day four of Taehyung's heat, so you assumed it would end in one to three days. Dog hybrids heats were the longest of any hybrid, lasting about a week. That was plenty of time for you, who was sore after the very first night and completely unable to move without hurting by now. You had no idea why your shin hurt, but it did. 

You were somewhat embarrassed that you had agreed to help Taehyung with his heat, seeing as you hadn't known him for very long, but you smiled as you turned your head as much as possible to look at your shoulder and caught sight of an angry purple bruise out of the corner of your eye. The mating mark wasn't visible by you, but you knew it was there.

Taehyung was obsessed with the mark. It filled him with warmth each time he saw it, and he loved to reopen it sometimes, ensuring that he was all you could smell on you. His lips always seemed to find it for a small kiss, or his tongue for a few gentle strokes over the abused skin. The mark though, had is detriments.

Each time Taehyung left, or you left, you felt empty inside. You felt empty when he wasn't around anyways, but now it felt as though your chest was screaming, reaching out for him when he wasn't there. But now, as you were wrapped in his arms, his face buried in your neck right near the mark, it spread warmth throughout your entire body, giving you the comfort that you needed to drift off to sleep in Taehyung's arms.