76

Everywhere is quiet, also a good time to get out of here. I walk to the door and tried to turn the doorknob and surprisingly it opened. 

I peek outside the door to make sure no one is there.

I don't see anyone. I walked out of the room and walked towards the front door when a hand grabbed me. 

"Let me go!" I scream at the person. But they don't let me go. Their grip on my arm tightens and it makes me yelp. It hurts.  "I told you there would be consequences if you try to run away again!" His deep voice boomed at me. Just by hearing his voice lets me know who it is, it's him. I don't know his name. He pulled me upstairs into a bathroom, he fills up the sink and pushes my head into the water so hard that he made my face hit the bottom of the sink really hard and now the water is turning a deep red color. 

I struggle to breathe as he pins my head underwater, until I stopped struggling.  When he pulled my head back up from under the water, I didn't know how I was still standing up. .

My legs felt so weak, he lets go then I fell, and blacked out. 

I woke up on the bathroom floor sometime later and held onto my trembling body. Too scared to leave this bathroom. I just sat there on the bathroom floor in tears, someone opened the door and came in. It was someone else this time.

"Get up!" His voice boomed at me.

I just sat there staring up at him scared to move at all. "I said Get up!" He snarled, having me grasp to my feet.

I had to grab onto the bathroom sink because my legs were shaking. 

"You tried to escape again. I'll have to show you what we really do to escapees around here." He grabbed ahold of my arm and pulled me to my cell, then pushed me against the wall.

He formed his fist and punched me in the stomach making me scream and double over in pain.

Then he stood me up straight kneeing me real hard in the stomach again, causing me to fall over. 

He grabbed a handful of my hair yanking me backward. He climbed on top of me punching my face with as much force as he could. I felt as the blood started seeping out of my lip.  "Why are you doing this?" I cry. What have I done to deserve this?

He kicked me again and held me up,

"Don't ever try to escape, or worse things might happen to you. Now open your mouth." He shoved some pills down my throat, and nudged me, "Eat. When you are done eating we will go downstairs to meet your guest." He informed me. 

I sunk to the corner and started eating the food while he watched me very intently. 

We went downstairs after that, and I walked past other women with worse faith than I have, the man dragged me by the arm and pushed me into a room where I came to face Luke, "You have 30 minutes." The man said and left.

I just glared at Luke, not able to do anything, my body felt weak and my heart ached inside.

I only cry.

He smiled warmly and gestured me to come and sit, there was an empty seat opposite him,

I walked over and settle down in front of him.

He inspected me,

"I would have to talk to them about going too easy on you, I wouldn't want any scars on your flawless skin, my Jane is perfect."

At this point, I had to succumb to pleading. By every means necessary to get out of here. "Please, Luke, let me out of here. ..I promise, I would be anything you want."

"Of course." He reached over and covered my scars like it repelled him or something, "That's why you are here, this is the best clinic in the city, they are going to build you back into that woman I fell in love with, the Jane I know, not this whore you've become."

I lean back and scoffed shortly,

"You think no one would look for me? You're in over your head if think you can get away with this plan, Luke, I'm a federal attorney, I work with the government, once they find out I'm missing the whole country would be out looking for me, let's see how long you would get away with lying to the whole country."

Luke looked amused,

"Oh, Jane. Who do you think would believe in this situation an unstable black woman, or the husband who loves his wife dearly. You know the system doesn't favor your kind, the only reason they've escalated in the system tolerated is that you married me, I protect you, Jane. They've been looking for the tiniest opportunity to take you off. .. and you think those racist bastards are going to care to notice you're missing, you're smarter than this, Jane." Luke is a cynical bastard but he's partly right. I don't know why I thought that would work on him.

"My mom..."

"Quite it, Jane. No one is looking for you, Jane. .I am the only one who cares enough to worry about you every second of the day." He took my hand into his, and I let him, though disgusted, I have to work my way out of here somehow. How did I end up here?

"I miss my babies. ..What is it you want from me?"

"Behave, Jane. That's all. And who knows you might be in for a surprise the next time I visit."