69

Jane

I went out of the house to get some air, Luke was still fast asleep, after what happened last night he needed all the rest he could get, I also made sure to stop by the drug store this morning and picked up all the medications he might be needing.

I knew the right drugs and the exact ones to fade the scars quickly that way it won't be visible to anyone, he would hate to have anyone up in his business.

Just in time, Mamma's car pulled over in front of the house, she had the boys with her, I forgot it was today.

"You okay?"

I nodded as I walked over to her, and pulled her into an embrace, I had this overwhelming feeling that wouldn't just go away, almost like I had been hit by a huge wave of regret.

"You sure you're okay."

I pulled away with a smile and held my boys, they had their eyes fixed on their phones to notice anything out of the ordinary. Mama kept her suspicious gaze on me as we stepped inside, "And what happened here?"

"I was going to clean up."

She noticed the drops of blood on the floor too, I smiled apprehensively and pushed her away from the kids, "Mama, I was going to call and beg you to keep the kids for another day."

"What really happened here, Jane? Did that man lay his hands on you again."

"No."

There was a sudden groaning from upstairs and I clenched and prayed to God she didn't hear that.

Surprisingly, she didn't mention it.

"Boys c'mon, let's go."

"Where are we going?" The boys asked in confusion,

Mama kept her gaze on me as she spoke.

"Your mama needs to clean up the mess she started." She said as she dragged the boys away, they grumbled in annoyance but followed her into the car, I held Mama's gaze as she got into the car and drove away, it was almost like she understood what had occurred without me uttering a word.

When I returned to the room I find Luke awake and attempting to stand,

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Bathroom." He gasped.

I rolled my eyes and went over to help him into the bathroom.

I let him do his business before reaching for him again,

"I thought I heard the kids?"

"Well, I thought I would spare you the embarrassment of explaining yourself."

He laughed humorously, and sets himself back on the bed, he seems a lot happier for a man who just got his ass whopped.

I grabbed the Aid box again and inspected the burn mark,

"How's it?" He asked, staring at me.

"It's healing fast.." I muttered as examined the wound ance again, each of us doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"You know you need help, Jane," he said again, looking at me with newfound interest,

"You're one to talk."

"As much as I'm turned on right now....I'm afraid you're broken, Jane." His lips curled in worry as he ran his fingers up my arm, skimming my brown skin, and leaving dancing sensations that made me forget the digging pain in my chest, "You should see someone." he suggested again.

I cleared my throat, muttering.

"I'm okay."

"I beg to differ. ..You should have seen the madness in your eyes last night, one that could kill a man Jane."

"Then be grateful you're alive and shut up."

"I am, believe me, I am but, I still insist you see someone."

I didn't want to argue anymore.

"If you say so."

He brought my hands to his lips, sighing in relief,

"I'm glad, Jane."

"You're really not mad?" I was surprised.

He shook his head,

"I'm not."

"How are you not raging right now?" The man I married would be cursing his lungs right now, "I could have killed you."

"I'm glad you got some of it off your chest..." he brought my arm to his lips again.

I scoffed in disbelief, "Who are you and what have you done to Luke Hampton?"

He laughs.

"I had it coming, and besides It's not that bad."

"If you say so." I got up to leave when he grabbed me by the wrist stopping me,

"I know this is fucked up coming from me but, you really need that help, Jane."