53

Luke and I returned home hours later, you should see us right now, held up against each other like some happy newlywed, ugh.

I tried to move away from him but he wouldn't budge.

"I-I" My throat was hoarse and sore as I tried to use it.

Luke must have felt my struggles because his hold on me tightened. He fondled even closer and kept me in one place, until I felt it, hard.

"Get off!"

"Would you rather I force myself on you."

"That's not funny Luke!" I yelled and tried to push him away.

"Do you know how hard it's been lying next to you and yet not be able to touch you, I'm fucking trying here, Jane."

"I said, get off, Luke?!"

He groaned in annoyance but he freed me.

I got out of bed and went downstairs to have a glass of water, I barely even stepped into the kitchen when I was slammed hard against the door with my hands pinned beside my head.

I groaned at the pain that rushed through my body.

"Get off me!!"

"JANE!

"I said, get off me!!" I screamed.

He thrusted his knee between my legs to keep me in place against the door,

He looked drained,

"I haven't touched anyone in almost two years, do you have any idea how that feels like? I'm fucking dying ane!!"

"I guess we can't both have what we want."

"What do you want? Tell me..." He's desperate.

"Well, for starters I want my kids, and I don't mean talking to them on the phone like a prisoner would. I mean actually seeing them, Luke, when can I see my kids?"

"When the time is right?"

"You've got your answer then."

I pushed him and walked away, and to my surprise Luke allowed it.

I went upstairs and walked into the bathroom to calm myself. I made the mistake of looking at myself in the mirror, and I was a sure sight.

My hair was all over the hair, don't get me started on the bags. I sighed and splashed some water on my face wanting to look more alive.

Luke appeared in the mirror and gazed at me for a while before muttering,

"Fine..."

My brows knitted together in confusion.

"We can go see the kids."

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be, maybe he is too tired to argue.

"It's a two hour drive, so get ready." He said.

"You're not doing this to trade for sex, are you?"

"Five minutes!" There was a harshness to his tone.

And, I didn't want to upset him any further.

"Okay." I said and went to change quickly.

After I was done getting ready, I made it downstairs to Luke.

I didn't care to know what he was up to, I just wanted to see my kids.

We got into the SUV and without wasting another second Luke pulled off into the road, not saying a word.