44

Luke

It took a few hours of traveling before I arrived at the International airport.

I walked out and approached the old man in a black suit standing across the road with a piece of paper which had my name on it.

"You must be from the hotel?" I asked the man.

"Mr. Hampton?"

"Yes." I nodded,

"I'm Abir, I was asked to drive you to your hotel." He came and took my bag from me. "How was your flight, sir?"

"Splendid...I would be needing a vehicle, how soon can I get one?"

"Everything has been prepared for your arrival." He answered and opened the door for me. "Welcome to Turkey, Sir."

"Thank you." I took off my shades and took in the air of the metropolitan city, "I'm going to love it here." I smirked and stepped into the car.

24 hours earlier.

It had been a year and eight months since I started looking for Jane.

The year was slowly coming to an end and I was slowly losing my senses but yet I refused to give up on finding Jane.

I had barely even begun.

Jane was, after all, the only love of my life and I still love her with every fiber in my being. I would do anything to find her and bring her back home.

I thought reliving my past was the worst thing I had to experience until I returned home to find out Jane had left me, took our kids and fled without even a word, that was the worst feeling in the world.

What did she expect me to do, move on!?

I'm aware I don't deserve her, I never deserved Jane from the start, but I'm better now, I have been doing better and I would be even better when I reunite with my family.

I sighed and walked into the local restaurant to meet with Amaya. She said she might have some leads for me, "Words on the street is that your wife is in Turkey."

"Turkey?"

"Yes, she goes by Jane Kabeer now, she started a salon in Izmir--"

"How do you know all this?"

"You can get any information you want in a black community." For months I have been trying to find them with no avail and this whole time she's been in Turkey with a fake profile.

I chuckled. Very smart, Jane.

"Do you have an address for me?" I asked desperately.

She pulled out some papers and showed it to me,

I took a glance at the papers.

"Everything you need to know about their location is in there, with the right price I was able to get my hands on this information. So you owe me, and remember I always collect."

"I'll give you anything you want, I'm just interested in finding my family."

A waitress came and took our orders.

"Thank you for this.." I looked up from the file to her, "I appreciate, you will be highly rewarded for this, ask me for anything."

"Jane is still my friend, she might be going through some sort of mid-life crisis, but she's still my friend and the girls and I are worried sick about her, this is not normal behavior for Jane. I'm even more concerned about those kids, they shouldn't be suffering like this and you look like you haven't had a good meal in days, how about you stop by the House, I will make you something to eat."

"I'm fine, right now I just want to find my family."

"I see how you worry about them, Chante said you stop by the House a few times."

"Yeah, until they filed a restraining order against me..."

"Which is why I'm helping you locate them. But Luke if I ever find out that you've actually been hurting Jane or even a strand of hair on her body. I'm going to ripe your eyes out and feed them to you...Alright?"

I clenched.

"I would never lay hands on the woman I love?"

"Hmmh.." She mused and enjoyed the outdoor coffee.