Chapter 20

I laid there on the floor crying, hugging my ribs, whilst laying in a pool of my own tears when I was abruptly startled by the sound of Luke coming through the door.

He stared down at me in empathy, before leaning to the floor and tugging my quivering body up to his lap.

I tried to fight away from him, but I was in so much pain, I couldn't move.

"I tried to be nice, Jane.." he started, persifying me, "I gave you everything, I even got you a new house and still you're not happy. You think I enjoy hurting you like this, but you enjoy upsetting me."

I don't stay anything, heaving and whimpering in his arms.

"But, I'm sorry..." He mumbled in my ear, "I love you, Jane. I love you so fucking much, I even tried to change for you, I promised I wouldn't hit you anymore. But what you did tonight was wrong, you let some other man touch you, you fucking took every single fear I had and brought them to life, Jane."

"You would never change, Luke." I cried, "I'm done, hoping you would change, you are never going to change..."

"But, I did. I stopped hurting you, I was nice to you. Until you upset me." he growled, fighting his hold and making me wince, while I cried. "Why do you upset me, Jane. I gave you everything, all I ask is you behave but the second I left you by yourself, you ran into the arms of another man. Why do you hurt, Jane?"

"You act like I slept with him?"

"You say that because you got caught, if I hadn't caught you, do you know what he would do to you? I saw the way he looked at you, Jane. He wanted to you for himself and to think I warned you about that dress."

"Not every man is as vile as you, Luke." I spat and he clenched his jaw.

"Don't test me, Jane." he warned, squeezing his hold on me, I cried, shutting up. "Come on, let's clean you up."

He carried me to shower and washed me tenderly, before helping me out and drying me with a towel.

He treated the wounds so there won't be any scars after, he disliked scars, it reminded him of his errors, and he hated it..

"It would heal soon." More tears rolled down my cheeks watching him, watching him take care of me,

After he had hurt me so badly.

He said he wouldn't hurt me anymore, why did he lie and give me so much hope when he knew he couldn't keep to it? Why did he deceive me? This and more thoughts were running through my mind as Luke continued to tender to me.

"I'm sorry, cuddles. I didn't mean to hurt you, I promise I will make it up to you.."

I don't respond, not because I was disappointed but because I had heard those same words for the last ten years, I knew at some point that it would be impossible for him to change, but I had so much faith in him.

I trusted him.

I wanted to believe so badly that he would change.

He wore me of his shirts and carried me to bed. He laid me down before laying and cuddling me in his arms, kissing my side.

I was bedridden for that whole week, I couldn't move or walk due to the extexive pain that would shot through my ribs every time I tried to get out of bed, today wasn't much of an improvement either but at least I stagger slowly, my whole body ached and with Luke hospitals were never an option, he hates it when people start questioning his character.

On his lunch breaks, he would stop by to check on with flowers and chocolates. He would lay them down and sit beside me on the bed, like now.

"Do you feel any better?" He mumbled, I don't answer him and he checks my temperature, "You're a little warm, cuddles." He exclaimed in a tender tone, I don't answer still, my eyes set on the table. "I will ask Maria to make you some soup. Is there anything else you need?" He waits for me to reply, when I don't yet answer he sighed and left me to myself.