Chapter 11

I showered and wore on my dress before heading out to find Luke, I wandered down the hall and spurred out in the living room where Luke was standing alone in the middle of the room,

Ed Sheeran's photograph playing low in the background.

"Luke?" I gasped.

He smiled, motioning me to come closer.

"What's going on?" I said, striding towards him, until I was standing in front of me.

He reaches and leisurely traces his fingertips down my cheek, "Dance with me," he murmurs, his voice husky and soft.

Taking the remote out of his pocket, he turns up the volume and holds his hand out to me,

I stared at him skeptically before placing my hand into his.

He grins down at me and pulled me into his arms, his arm curling around my waist as he starts to sway.

"This looks familiar?" I mumbled.

"Does it?" he raised an eyebrow, acting clueless.

I chuckled and placed my free hand on his shoulder and grinned up at him, snatched in his contagious, playful mood.

"Perhaps it's our first dance."

I pucker my lips as if in thoughts,

"I remember, you were wearing that tacky ass tie." I mumbled playfully as we start to move. swaying, whirling and turning to the music.

"Well, I remember, you buying that tacky ass tie," he whispered and I laughed, "And forcing me to wear it, you said it made me look gangster.." he says, laughing and I couldn't help but light up at his carefree laugh. "You were very convincing..."

"I'm sorry...I was wrong." I spout.

"Well, now you're 10 years too late." he says and I giggled. We glide around the room, our favorite song still playing on the stereo, he pulls me closer and smiles, "But Jane, I were to wear that tacky tie again just to spend another decade with you, I would wear it a thousand times." he murmurs.

My heart cluttered and my smile grew.

"Too cheesy?"

"Very." I mumbled and his throat vibrated with a chuckle, "But incredibly cute." I said and we laughed in unison.

"I mean it though ..." his tone went serious again, "Therapy has opened my eyes to a lot of things, which is why." he broke away and went towards his suitcase.

"What?"

"Just a second." he held up his hand to indicate, I just stood there watching him go through some files. Then closing his suitcase, he returned back to me with a file.

"What have you got?" I asked, now intrigued.

He extends the file to me, I was hesitant but I took it from him, "With the boys getting a lot bigger and messier." He wrapped his arms around me, whilst I glanced and flipped the papers in surprise,

" He wrapped his arms around me, whilst I glanced and flipped the papers in surprise,

"I thought it's time we get a bigger house. It's in waterford, one of the best houses in that area."

"Luke?" I gasped in disbelief,

"Do you like it?"he asked.

"Yeah.." I cracked up a smile, "I'm just a little shocked, we never talked about getting a new house."

"Which is why it's a surprise?" he pointed, "Look, it even has a pool, a bigger playground for the kids, an enormous paint studio for you, a garden, a vaster kitchen, soundproof walls, -"

As he went on pointing out everything in the house, I tried to keep an open mind, I really did but all I could picture was extra work, extra cleaning and scrubbing. I know getting another maid is out of the equation and Maria only works four times a week, let's not forget it's in Waterford, that's hours away from work, the kid's school, my friends, and family.

I would feel isolated,

"Wait till we tell the boys there's a gaming system, they are going to be so excited." he murmurs, then kisses me sweetly.

"Luke, I don't know what to say." I tried to be positive,

"You haven't even heard the best part." he said,

I shot my eyes. "There's more?"

He nodded.

"Don't tell me you got the boys a dog. Luke you know James is allergic."

He chuckled, pulling me closer.

"I was going to say, the house is in your name." I gaped and took my eyes down to it, I didn't even notice that part, "Jane, I meant it when I said I was going to change. I'm starting anger management again...everything is going to be different from now on."

"Luke, I still don't know what to say." I mumbled, hysterically chuckling afterward.

"Well, it's bought some color to your cheeks. That's enough for me." he said and I cackled, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"What am I going to do with you, Luke Hampton?" I reached and circled my arms around his neck.

"I'm nothing without you, Jane.." He grins down at me as the song comes to a close and kisses me.