CHAPTER NINE

MEETING LANA

(Back To The Present Day).

Waking up the next morning and quickly getting dressed Charles made the decision of paying a visit to Lana at school. He had to try to get closer to his daughter one way or the other, he wanted to get to know her and she was also the major key to getting his family back.

As Kathleen dropped Lana off at school and drove away to her bakery, little did she know that charles was moments away from entering her daughter's life. Charles took a deep breath, mustering all the courage he had, he entered the school's gates and then he made his way to the reception desk. The secretary looked up from the paper work in front of her, her eyes widening in recognition.

"Can i help you sir?" She asked, her voice quivering slightly.

"Yes", Charles replied firmly, his voice steady and filled with determination.

"I am Lana Johnson's father, and i would like to take her out for a few hours". He figured out Kathleen would surely use her last name for lana instead of his and he was right.

Shock and disbelief danced across the secretary's face, but it was quickly replaced with fear upon remembering who Charles Walker was. She hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. Charles was well-known in the whole of America, he was a man of great influence and power. No one dared to question his request, even if they were unconventional.

Without another wordez the secretary nodded and reached for the phone on her office desk.

"Mr Walker is here to pick up Lana Johnson". She murmured into the phone, her voice barely above a whisper". Please make the necessary arrangements and bring her to my office".

Charles felt a mix of emotion surge through him as he waited. He anxiously trapped his fingers against his leg, his heart pounding with a strange blend of anticipation and anxiety.

Minutes later, Lana's teacher escorted her to the office. Her eyes wandered curiously before locking with Charles's own. Charles could see a mixture of his and Kathleen's features reflecting on Lana's face, a painful reminder on the years he had missed.

"Lana", he finally said, his voice trembling with a mix of emotions.